Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Worst Walk of the Day

mummummum
October 15th, 2006, 11:01 PM
What's the worst one for you ? I don't mind the morning walk because I'm not generally awake enough to know what's going on. Quite often, specially in the winter, I'll "come to" when we're half-way home (happily everybody knows the route ~ and for my own safety we only ever take ONE route in the morning). For me, the worst walk is usually the before-bed walk. I really hate being cold and no matter how well I bundle up, because I'm dead-tired, I HATE it. Every so often though the moon will be bright and high in the sky, the snow will be glittering, no one is about and it's like being on a deserted movie set. What's your worst walk and what do you do to get through it?

Prin
October 15th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Mine's the morning one. Definitely. I'm NOT a morning person and standing there waiting, when Boo is just circling and circling and circling and then decides, "maybe this isn't the right spot after all" and then starts looking for a new spot, is just not my bag.:D

technodoll
October 15th, 2006, 11:14 PM
well bf does the morning walk so... mine is the 5:30pm walk... after a long day's work and the half-hour trek home in heat, rain, sleet, whatever..., i'm totally exhausted... i walk up 3 flights of stairs (most of the time i shop on the way home so have heavy grocery bags and stuff..), drop the loot, change clothing, grab the dogs and we head out again for about an hour... i LOVE the days the dogsitter picks them up and gives me a break :cloud9:

mummummum
October 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Funny, I like the after-work walk particularly if I've had a major stressful day. I usually start out pretty snarly and "giving orders', but then one of them will be a goofball or a sweetums and it's gameover for Mumgrumpface. Though in my case, because I double walk ( 2 dogs, then 1 one dog), if the weather is nasty, it doesn't make the walk for the next doggy something to look forward to !

Puppyluv
October 16th, 2006, 12:49 AM
The midnight walk after a morning at school and a closing shift at work. Thank god my friend walks her during work, because I only give her a 30 min night walk.

rainbow
October 16th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Well, I'm a warm weather person so the ones I don't like are when it's cold and miserable outside.

But, the absolute worst ones....even in nice weather, are the ones when someones dog is loose and I have two big ones to control. :frustrated:

jawert1
October 16th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Any nighttime walks, mostly because I live in an area where ppl (in spite of the laws and free bags!) don't pick up after their dogs. If I see Peaches do her 4 feet up and 3 feet any OTHER direction jump, I know there's a pile. :rolleyes:

~michelle~
October 16th, 2006, 09:26 AM
I have to say that my least favorite is the "rush hour" time walk.... there are so many people and i love that people think my boys are cute but they just pet them and rough house with them without eve asking!!! I am trying to train the boys to not jump looking for pets at everyperson they see and people just attack them with play ad pets... its frustrating Ive had to tell some people to get off of my dogs before!

Lissa
October 16th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I hate the last walk of the night - I'm usually sleepy and I can't just let him out in the backyard - it feels like such an involved process for a 3 second pee!:p What's worse is that when we get back, I have to clean Dodger's paws and put everything away so he gets under the covers before me!!!:rolleyes:

HunterXHunter
October 16th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Definitely morning walks. I'm a zombie until Hunter poops, then I'm alert again. I guess my brain is reminding me: Bag first, THEN the poop :yuck:

SnowDancer
October 16th, 2006, 11:15 AM
When my husband is away, the 5:30 a.m. walk and the 11:30 p.m. walk - especially in winter as I hate the cold with a passion and my Eskie does not seem to feel the cold/rain/snow when he is with me - with Dad he does his business fast to get back to me. When my husband is not away, any time it is cold out, skunks are out, or kids on bicycles, skateboards etc. are waiting to terrorize us. Guess that means I hate taking dog out for a walk! He is a barker and does like to alert me to when he thinks I might need to protect him. Very narcissistic little dog.

jessi76
October 16th, 2006, 11:31 AM
any walk in spring/summer/fall... may flies, mosquitos, horse flies. so I pretty much get eaten alive on any walk, unless it's winter. I love winter walks. no bugs!

HunterXHunter
October 16th, 2006, 11:37 AM
any walk in spring/summer/fall... may flies, mosquitos, horse flies. so I pretty much get eaten alive on any walk, unless it's winter. I love winter walks. no bugs!

I agree. Plus, Hunter enjoys running/jumping/diving in the snow a lot! :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 16th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Funny, I like the after-work walk particularly if I've had a major stressful day.
Me too ! Makes me forget about work.

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Definitely morning walks. I'm a zombie until Hunter poops, then I'm alert again. I guess my brain is reminding me: Bag first, THEN the poop :yuck:

lol I've had days like that!

joeysmama
October 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Whichever one is the coldest. I hate hate hate the cold and Cooper is happiest when it's cold out.

Luckily for me hubby is a big doggie lover and likes taking him out so the early morning and late night walks are easy to pawn off on Tom. But during the day I have to suck it up no matter what the temp.

Golden Girls
October 17th, 2006, 07:05 AM
I hate when it's raining ... othewise I truly look forward to their walks. I probably enjoy it even more then them :)