Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Eye Problems

Teflon26
October 15th, 2006, 01:00 PM
This morning I woke up to notice that my dog's left eye looks swollen. In the corner of her eye, it looks as though there is a thin lining that is covering almost half of her eye, which looks like its causing her eye to swell almost completely shut. That lining that I have mentioned also has a bluish tint to it. What could this be, Im really concerned. :dog:

jesse's mommy
October 15th, 2006, 01:09 PM
You should probably get to a vet to get it checked out. Unfortunately we are not vets here and cannot diagnose over the internet. Please let us know what they say. :fingerscr

By the way, welcome to the board, we would love to see pictures. :dog:

Teflon26
October 15th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I understand that yall are not vets, I'm just looking to find out if anyone might have had this problem with their own dogs. Unfortunately, I cannot take her to the vet until I get paid, and that wont be for a few days. Im really worried about her though, it seems as though it just appeared over night, she can barely keep her eye open, but she was fine yesterday. Very energetic, playing with my fiances son, running around playing with her stuffed duck. And then today, shes very sleepy, not her norm. :pawprint:

jesse's mommy
October 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Will your vet take payment plans? Is there anyone you can borrow some money from until you get paid? Really, your dog needs to see a vet.

rainbow
October 15th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I agree. Your dog needs to see a vet now before the problem gets worse and you'll have a bigger bill on your hands. Please find a way to take her to a vet right away and post with an update. Good luck. :fingerscr

SuperWanda
October 15th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I am certainly no expert but I think when fluid gets into the corneal layers this can cause a cloudy or bluish color??? It certainly would need to be looked at by a vet because the eyes are very sensitive and can get worse very quickly.

That's one thing I know because one of my dogs had a sudden swollen eye - couldn't open the lid and the vet found that it had been poked by a thorn or something - she could see the little hole with a special dye and a magnifier - required antibiotics to prevent an infection which can be a more serious problem.