Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

under "suggestions" - emergency vets

OntarioGreys
October 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Please read my post #28 , I think it is important. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31587

I have a dog with Von willebrands a blood clotting disorder, a cut or dog bite whether at home at a dog event or traveling could mean an emergency visit with time being of the essence as she will need transfusions to prevent her from bleeding to death, there is no way this board could be complete enough or kept up to date enough to give me the information I need and if I relied ion it as an aid, I could end up travelling too far to get to an e- vet when one is nearer or a transcription error could end up putting me in the wrong or a vet could have moved from the time the listing was posted and the result could be me dog would die.

An incomplete/out of date or incorrectly transcribed dog park listing won't result in a dead pet but could in the case of e-vet listings I hope when you read you will understand why I felt the need to post this message

wdawson
October 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
for the listings to work i think all members need to post all emergency vet #"S for their area and a volunteer sort through the posts then mod can make a sticky......i would even do it.

rainbow
October 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I still agree with OG. If just one little mistake was made it could mean the life of someone's beloved pet.

White Wolf
October 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM
There is already a thread open on this topic. Closed to avoid confusion.