Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

weird bump..again

Catt31
October 14th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hi! Ok, so Brick has another lump on his back, like the one we had removed about a year ago. I've been monitoring it until our vet could see him next week. Today when I felt it, it seemed bigger so I moved the hair away and looked at it. It had a white head on it (like a zit), so I squeezed it (probably not a smart idea but didn't know what else to do with it). Out came (now would be a good time for those with queezy stomaches to stop reading).....white ricotta cheese-like goop - not puss, it was definately a "solid". There was a TON of it. I put polysporin on it once it was all out & will keep checking on it.

What could that have been and should I take him to the vet anyways? The lump is gone, it's just a little red now. Ingrown hair? Zit? Boil?? :yuck:

the gang
October 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
it sounds like it just might have been a boil, i would keep a very close eye on it, if no better off to the vet, use warm cloths on it to see if there is anything more in it keep us posted good luck.:fingerscr

rainbow
October 14th, 2006, 06:45 PM
It sounds like a cyst to me. I would phone the vet and and see what he/she says. Keep us posted. :fingerscr

Prin
October 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I agree.:D If it looks like it's getting re-infected, I'd bring Brick in.:shrug:

Funny how we see white things and have to squeeze them (well, not everybody, just the natural born zit-lovers :D).

Catt31
October 14th, 2006, 09:27 PM
LMAO Prin...totally!!! It's almost an obsession!!!! YUCK when you think of it, but it's almost just a natural reaction! Thanks for the advice and I will keep ya posted. I did some research, think it might be a sebaceous cyst, and it said to clean it with an antiseptic rinse so we went and got some Dettol (stinky stuff). It also said it will reoccur so best to get it removed. I will double check with the vet of course and go from there! It seems ok now...a bit red still, but I did squeeze the sh it out of it (literally!!!) :yuck: