Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat drool

jo95682
October 14th, 2006, 06:33 AM
My cat, Penny has been drooling quite a bit lately. She seems to be very healthy, has not displayed any characteristics of being ill or other changes in her behavior. But she does have a very thick drool that is out of the ordinary. Any idea's on what could be causing this and what could be done to prevent it?

Thanks Much!
Joie

jawert1
October 14th, 2006, 08:29 AM
As with all the cats I've had the pleasure of serving in the past, "seems to be healthy" and "are fully healthy" are seldom the same thing when behaviour is out of the ordinary. She may have gotten into something, she might also have an infection - only a vet can tell you for sure, so please take her in as soon as possible. Good luck and let us know how she fares :pawprint:

Inverness
October 14th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Cats can drool if they have a sore mouth, infected gums, if a tooth is hurting, if they have ulcers in the mouth, if they are nauseous, etc, etc, etc, and your vet is the only person who will be able to tell you. :sick:

rainbow
October 14th, 2006, 12:56 PM
First of all, welcome to the forum and we'd love to see pics of Penny. :cat: I agree with the others. You need to take Penny to the vet just as soon as possible. Good luck and please post with an update. :fingerscr