Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nursing Dog Will Not Eat Please Help Asap

reckless
February 19th, 2004, 11:37 PM
hello, I have a 6 year old dalmatian. on 2-14-04 she delivered a litter of 10 pups ( this is her third litter). Since then 3 have died and she is not eating regularly. What can be the problem and what can I do? I have tried switching her to puppy chow and she eats that from my hand, but not much on her own.
thank you
reckless

Lucky Rescue
February 20th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Vet - ASAP!

mona_b
February 20th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Yes...........Vet ASAP.

(LR,did you have to bite your tongue?LOL)

Lucky Rescue
February 20th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Monab, I'm tired of sounding like a broken record.;)

mona_b
February 20th, 2004, 12:07 PM
I hear you.:rolleyes:

pretty_kitty
February 20th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I had the same issue with my GSD (the crazy car dog). Background: she had an emergency C-section to deliver the pups, 2 dead and one very much alive. She was on antiboitics and very nauceous. Blended together raw liver, yogurt (with asepdophelous VERY IMPORTANT) and some rice. In the end, she ended up being tube fed for 3 days, then slowly started to eat the liver on its own. The puppies (though this is not a very great way to do it) can be fed a formula you pick up from the vet along with her nursing to prevent any further deaths. Good luck, I had just one and it was scary!

bohemian
February 20th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Reckless eh....hmmm good name.

You DID of course read the title of this forum, the registration rules, and the first post in this forum.

This is not the place for emergencies!....A vet's office is. Go to one!

BTW you have an emegency.

AND expect more death if YOU CHOOSE to do nothing.

Several pets on this board have died already while waiting for emergency internet advice. Please don't add to the stats. Get your pets to a doctor .

Good luck,

Bohemian

Luba
February 20th, 2004, 03:50 PM
It starts with a *V* and it ends with a *T*

any idears?

mona_b
February 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Amen Bohemian.:D

wAggie
February 22nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
ladies... look @ this person's I.D. name...

it's a sick joke, nothing more. :rolleyes: