Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is this for real ???

Inverness
October 13th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I very seldom rant about anything anymore, since I got used to every sort of people abandoning their pets for any reason. But this is really the last straw... :mad:

Got an email that I will translate quickly cause it was in French...

I found your website while browsing the web looking for a place for my cat. She hasn't been well for a few weeks and refuses to eat. We have to feed her with a syringe and give her special food. Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I won't be able to keep on going like this, and we also have hectic work schedules that make this matter worse. So I am looking for a place for my cat in case she does not get better.

I was wondering if you take cats in adoption ? You seem very trustworthy. I want to leave my cat where she will be well taken care of and where she might get better with regular care. My pain of letting her go would therefore be more bearable.

So is it just we who has reached a point where I should take a holiday ? Isn't this person trying to find a fool who will 1) pay the vet bills for her cat 2) give her the care she is not willing to give her herself ??? Isn't she considering leaving her dying cat with a total stranger and trying to feel good in the process ???

Really, this one beats everything. I think I need a break. :frustrated:

H.P.
October 13th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Isn't this person trying to find a fool who will 1) pay the vet bills for her cat 2) give her the care she is not willing to give her herself ???

Yes it does seem that way, and it is sad. But IMO if they are unable or unwilling to give her the care that she needs, they need to find her a good home who will.

Prin
October 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Just sick.:mad:

rainbow
October 13th, 2006, 10:07 PM
That is soooo sad. :sad: People never cease to amaze me. :mad:

technodoll
October 13th, 2006, 10:11 PM
ah yes, the wonders of our disposable society :( and lazy, conscience-free parenting. b-r-a-v-o....

Inverness
October 13th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Yes it does seem that way, and it is sad. But IMO if they are unable or unwilling to give her the care that she needs, they need to find her a good home who will.

I am not questionning the fact that this cat deserves much more than what she has at the moment, barely the way she is being dumped.

HP, I would love to be able to help every animal that needs it. Fact is, my bank account is empty and my house is full. I won't be able to do more than write back with some advice, and boy will I have to try hard not to sound too harsh in my reply...

technodoll
October 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM
boy will I have to try hard not to sound too harsh in my reply

but why?... :confused: they started it :evil:

so sorry you have to deal with these kinds of creeps... sigh :(

Inverness
October 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
ah yes, the wonders of our disposable society :( and lazy, conscience-free parenting. b-r-a-v-o....

Yeah. And you know what, this is the 5th cat I turn down today. 5 poor little souls that I cannot help. Now that people have told me about them, wow do I feel good knowing I won't be able to help... :(

Prin
October 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Just tell them "Sure, I'll take her. Just get her healthy again so she is adoptable, and then call me."

Inverness
October 13th, 2006, 10:22 PM
but why?... :confused: they started it :evil:

so sorry you have to deal with these kinds of creeps... sigh :(

Well you know, it kind of becomes my responsibility now. If I turned them off, they won't listen to what I'm saying and they might dump the kitty in the woods somewhere. How do I go about telling morons that they should re-think their great lets-get-rid-of-the-kitty plan ? :frustrated:

technodoll
October 13th, 2006, 10:27 PM
How do I go about telling morons that they should re-think their great lets-get-rid-of-the-kitty plan ?

if their mind has already been made up... :( prolly not much you can do except direct them towards other sources of help... and hopefully, they will NOT get another pet until they can assume their responsibilities to the very end... poor kitty, doesn't sound like much of a life for her. :sick:

rainbow
October 13th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Inverness, my heart goes out to you. :angel: :grouphug: I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to turn away these poor kitties that these ignorant morons feel are disposable. :sad:

Inverness
October 13th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Inverness, my heart goes out to you. :angel: :grouphug: I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to turn away these poor kitties that these ignorant morons feel are disposable. :sad:

Yeah, well it's been one of those days. Also had a message on the voice mail, someone wants to give me 8 "very healthy" puppies. Oh great, bring them on. :frustrated:

mummummum
October 14th, 2006, 03:37 AM
:angel: Inverness, thank you for opening your heart and your home to all these unloved and unwanted animals. Please try not beat yourself up because you cannot save them all, there are simply too many of them. I know I could not do what you do day in, day out. (Well now that's not true, I could, but there were be a substantial dip in the human poplulation :evil:)

You really are one of the true hero's in life, don't let these unthinking, uncaring, unfeeling less-than-humans take away from that.:grouphug:

chico2
October 14th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Inverness,the anger and frustration I feel when reading about cruelty and ignorance,must be ten times worse for you,who see it closeup.
I have an incredible admiration for you and your dedication to animals who are lucky enough to find their way to your care.
If we only had a million more people like you,there would be no suffering animals,so a bighttp://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gifto you and all the lucky furries in your care.

wdawson
October 14th, 2006, 09:28 AM
this person would probly do the same to the boyfriend if he got sick:evil:

MERI
October 14th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Yes! And somebody will do it for her when she got sick.