Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

food

sirump
February 19th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Can anybody tell me if it is wise or not to feed our dog table food??????? he eats more human food than dog... is this good or bad??

Lucky Rescue
February 19th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Your dog should be eating mostly dog food. Table food can be o.k., as long as it's healthy leftovers and not scraps. By scraps I mean stuff that you don't eat - gristle, fat etc.

I often give my dog leftovers when I have things like chicken, pasta, veggies, rice and other heathy things, but in very small quantities.

Never sugary or fatty things, and I only give it to her after she has eaten her own food, or I add them TO her food.

Giving dogs people food instead of their own food makes them very picky and fussy, which can be very inconvenient if you have to board them at a kennel.

amaruq
February 20th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Can I just add.....never feed at the table....cause then you got big problems.

LavenderRott
February 20th, 2004, 08:11 AM
NO ONIONS!!!!

My dogs eat raw food, so table scraps are not a problem.

amaruq
February 20th, 2004, 12:19 PM
My dogs go out and raid the gardens...Lets just say i had no berriers...chives or Tomatoes. What pigs lol!

Lucky Rescue
February 20th, 2004, 12:24 PM
My dogs go out and raid the gardens

I haven't tasted a single raspberry, blackberry or strawberry since I got Chloe.:(

Even the savage thorns of the blackberries do not deter her!:eek:

Luba
February 20th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Hey I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a garden raider

LOL

Rusty picked the ripest tomats from the vine and the juicy red peppers he could find...not to mention any apples that fell from the tree :D

Shows us something about what our own diet should consist of ;)

wAggie
February 22nd, 2004, 12:04 PM
no onions?

no grapefruits! lol, skins ok but you don't wanna be picking it up from the backyard after bowel movements, looks just WRONG.

lol