Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My 3 month old has URI and diarrhea, help???

tenderheart
October 12th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I have a 3 month old kitten that I adopted from the shelter about two weeks ago and he has a URI,so he sneezes and blows snot everywhere. I took him to a vet, at the shelter, and they gave me clavamox. He has been on that for about 8 days now and still seems to be the same. Now he has green goopy stuff coming out of his eyes and his poops are becoming more and more soft. They are not liquid yet but I am worried he is not getting better. Is the medicine making his poop soft? I took him back to the shelter to ask them about the sickness and they said it's normal and that it will get better in a few weeks. He is eating regularly and drinks about a bowl a water a day. He is still very active, but he has been pooping about two to three times a day and I am not sure if that is normal or not for a kitten? Someone please help me? I want my new kitten to get better. He has a hard time breathing out his nose and has to sometimes breath through his mouth, and has a nose whistle. The poor little guy. :(

jawert1
October 12th, 2006, 01:11 PM
You need to take him back to a vet - not the one at the shelter as soon as possible. Kittens can die pretty quickly from respiratory infections and dehydration. Keep us posted on how she fares :pawprint:

rainbow
October 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I agree. Take the poor little guy to a different vet asap...not the one at the shelter. Good luck and please post with an update. :fingerscr

tenderheart
October 12th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Well, I took Jazz(my kitten) to Banfield clinic to get him checked out by a vet there and even though it took forever, they gave me new medicine for his cold and his eye infection. The only thing is they still have not told me what exactly he has. They want to see him back in another week for follow up and then maybe give him vaccines, so I will let yo know what comes up. Thanks for the advice and support. I hope he starts feeling better.