Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat problem..

kmv2
October 12th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Hi, I'm sorry I don't have time right now to read all the disclaimers.. I just wanted to post something before I head off today.

My cat was sick about 3 weeks ago. I took him to the vet right away and got some baytril prescription.. fed kitty pills for 10 days and he was FINE, but I think he's getting sick again.

I am really tight on funds, so it is hard to go to the vet each time I have a little problem, so I thought I'd ask here.

The original problem was that he was urinating/#2-ing on my furniture/floors, and acting anti-social/hiding. The #2 was diahorrea with what looked like a clear mucas discharge. The urine seemed free of crystals.
The vet said not to worry and gave me the baytril. After giving the cat the pills, he was using the box every day - perfect, great.
Fast forward to now and he's starting to go outside the box again, and sometimes hide from me.

I'd like to just get him more baytril, but do you have any tips?

Prin
October 12th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I don't think you can guess the problem without seeing your vet. :shrug:

jiorji
October 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
well first off you won't be able to get the pills without visiting the vet. They won't give it to you. Secondly, if the first time it didn't completely solve the problem, then it's probably something else. Personally I think the art of curing patients, human or pets is trial and error. Especially with pets when they can't exactly tell you "it hurts HERE". You can only assume. Perhaps this is an ongoing matter that needs to be addressed or different litter or food or maybe there's some problem with the cat's stomach. We can't tell from just that.
Or maybe it is something that came back. I personally think it'll make things worse, which means more vet bills, if you do your own trial and error and get pills that could be wrong for her situation. You'll save yourself a lot of money by going straight to the vet before things worsen.

Good luck and i hope it's not something too serious.

cpietra16
October 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM
A cat will never tell you where it hurts, but, and this is a BIG BUT; When a cat goes into hiding it always means that they are very sick. They are not just sleeping in a quiet area or playing hide and seek. THEY ARE SICK AND DIEING. Please see your vet.

jiorji
October 12th, 2006, 03:52 PM
A cat will never tell you where it hurts,.

if they could, they still wouldn't :evil: