Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vomiting & shaking in my dog

hckymom
October 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I recently adopted a dog from the SPCA in BC. She's a husky/blue heeler cross, with some dalmatian or pointer. Between 6 - 9 years old. SHe's generally in good health although she's in Rimadyl for hip problems. I've had her for about two months. My problem is that she seems to need to vomit at least once a day. She doesn't do it inside, but usually at least once a day she goes outside, eats some grass and vomits. She also occasionally shakes as if she's frightened, although this isn't regular and only lasts for a few minutes. Other than this she's healthy...eats well, poops regularly.

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

Otto-San
October 11th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Hey,
I've heard that lots of dogs eat grass to help them vomit but I don't know why. My dog just eats grass for the heck of it. Maybe others can give you more insight here.

Hunter's_owner
October 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM
What are you feeding your dog? My dog did this (eating grass and vomiting) when we tried to switch him from a chicken based food to a lamb and rice. He couldn't tolerate the lamb for some reason and it made him shiver and get sick, but was otherwise fine. When we cut out the lamb and gave him only chicken based food, he went back to his normal (non-vomiting) self.
Also, Have you asked a vet about this?

technodoll
October 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM
hmmm rimadyl... one of the many side-effects is upset stomach and vomiting... as well as stomach ulcers. just a thought...