Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Teething question

H.P.
October 10th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Sydney has started to loose her puppy teeth, and get her big girl teeth. On the top, things seem to be normal, or at least what I expected) the puppy teeth fall out, then the big teeth start coming in. On the bottom though, it looks like the big teeth are coming in before the puppy teeth fall out. The big teeth are slightly behind the puppy teeth, and have not quite broken through the gums, but are visible. I think that the puppy teeth on the bottom are loose. She has lots of chew toys (and uses them). Any opinions, does this sound ok? Will the puppy teeth go ahead and fall out to let the big teeth in?

erykah1310
October 10th, 2006, 07:50 PM
My kitties just got thier big cat teeth too and both of them had the baby and adult teeth at the same time, the adult tooth "usually" will come out on its own. Keep an eye on them though.

Inverness
October 10th, 2006, 07:52 PM
If the baby teeth are still there at the time of spaying/neutering, the vet can take them out. :)

OntarioGreys
October 10th, 2006, 08:20 PM
If the baby teeth are still there at the time of spaying/neutering, the vet can take them out. :)

Agreed, my little guy went for his neuter today and had his remaing baby teeth removed and what you are seeing is normal