Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppymill

tarasmom
October 10th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Hi am new here, first post.
Looking for some advice/ opinions.
I bought a puppy in early sept. from a " breeder" in Nobelton, Ontario. She advertised the puppy as a purebread long hair Chiuaua. I am not up on all the breeds and the pup was very small so I figured that what they look like. well as time has gone on she has grown more hair( and size) and I started questioning her looks. The breeder also has Westies. I have recently discovered that she is a cross between a Chi and a Westie. Also the breeder gave me papers stating her first shots and dewormings were done but I cannot contact the suposed vet(number changed) and breeder refuses to give me the info, so I am seriously questioning if that was legit too. I went back and told her I wanted a refund she refused at first and then said only if I gave the puppy back( I know she would resell her as a pure westie since she looks more westie than anything) NO way is my baby leaving me. I am considering civil suit, for advertising and selling a pure bread that isnt, ect....
any thoughts???? I am also concerned about how many others she has duped, and also the care of the pups she has, when I bought ours everything looked ok, but when I returned unannounced the place stank from the doorway and she wouldnt let me in.
thanks

Prin
October 10th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Good luck! Puppymills are hard to bring down, but it's always worth a try.

I'm sorry you've been through so much trouble with your furbaby.:grouphug:

mastifflover
October 10th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I would go after her the threat of a lawsuit may help but basically BYB and puppymills are run by money grabbing scum. I wish you luck and let us know what happens

BMDLuver
October 10th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Unless the dog came with CKC papers then most likely you don't have a leg to stand on with regards to a civil suit as she did offer to take the pup back and refund you. It's basically a case of buyer beware and you ended up with a crossbred instead of a purebred. Selling pups on the internet 90% of the time results in the buyer not ending up with exactly what they wanted as most reputable breeders do not use internet sale sites for their pups. Most reputable breeders have a waiting list of a year or two for their pups. All things that eventually the general public learns through an experience like the one you've just had. I would suggest you just love her as you are already doing and chalk it up to a learning experience.

tarasmom
October 10th, 2006, 01:00 PM
thanks for the input.
How do I go about warning others about this woman? or should I?
Also I was thinking about notifying the local municipal office as i am now quite sure she doesnt have a legal kennel licence ect... my biggest concern with that is what will happen to the pups she has.
thanks again

Inverness
October 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Would you happen to have a picture of your dog ?

Prin
October 10th, 2006, 01:05 PM
It might be hard to warn people about her without her suing you. I'd suggest you contact a lawyer and ask what legal means you do have around this, even if you can't sue.

If she is shut down, most likely the animals will be seized if they are in bad enough condition.:shrug:

This organization might help:
http://www.aldf.org/

BMDLuver
October 10th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I believe Nobleton is considered Rural which is a whole other story as to number of dogs. Also, Adult dogs are what count on numbers, so if she's under or at 10 but say each has a litter, she's not considered over. 10 seems to be the magic number prior to needing a kennel license. You can call the zoning commissioner in Nobleton and ask what the regulation is for dogs without having to say anything much else. Then you'll know if she's over limit or not. If she is, then she can be reported. As you are in Ontario, the pups and breeding stock have a pretty fair chance at being taken in by a proper facility, etc. Doesn't mean though that she'll lose any dogs, particuliarly if all their needs are being met, etc.. she may just have to lighten the load and get a minor fine for being over limit. Thus is the plight of animals unfortunately.

mona_b
October 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
This is definately a BYB.

I take she didn't even say they were CKC Reg'd?

I would have your vet contact her and ask for the proof of vaccines.And have him state that he needs the records because of the changeover in owners.

How many dogs does she have in her home?

What yo can do is get a hold of the SPCA/Humane Society and tell them what you have told us.Especially the part when you went back and it stunk.

10 seems to be the magic number prior to needing a kennel license

Actually it's 4 for the Kennel Licence.

Prin
October 11th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Ahh, even the slightest differences in the laws between Ontario and Qc are so huge.:( :sad:

OntarioGreys
October 11th, 2006, 03:59 AM
The number of dogs you are allowed varies Ontario varies by county or municipality, some areas still do not have limits. And some rural area do have limits, and to have a kennel licence requires that you have a building that has to be approved before a licence is issued
If you go to the local municipal office they can tell you if there is a limit if you put in a complaint about the number of dogs, their bylaw enforcercement officiers will likely look into it and you can also give the local SPCA a heads up
THe SPCA has a phone number and email link on the bottom of this page to report supposable puppymills
http://www.ospca.on.ca/ac_inve_wwad_op.html#puppymills

chico2
October 11th, 2006, 06:54 AM
We all live and learn,a few years back,I too believed if someone said they are a legit breeder,that's what they were:shrug:
I would definetly contact the OSPCA,their website asks us to report any suspected puppy-miller or animal-abuse.
I don't know how much you paid for your pup,but a Chi around here would sell for $1.000-1.500+,I was once thinking of getting one and made inquieries.
Still,no matter what you paid,you were decieved and hopefully the OSPCA will investigate this lowlife of a"breeder".

coppperbelle
October 11th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Well if she is selling puppies she must have a business license of some sort and would have to declare all her income with Revenue Canada. :D

tarasmom
October 16th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Update:
It took me several hours of internet searching and phone calls but I finally found the vet that this breeder claims did the pups dewormings and shots. he has not had his vet business in this area( now works 2 hours+ away) for at least 6 months ( vet papers say first week of Aug.) I contacted him and he said it would take 2 days to review his work, that was 4 days ago and I am having troubel getting hold of him. he did say to check signature, no signature on form. Also after carefull study, the vet form has the same writing as the receipt written by the breeder. Breeder refused to provide info on vet( info on form was no longer valid)
Revenue canada is being contacted, Local bylaw enforcement, and small claims court action will soon be started. Also just found out today via unrelated ad that the breeder is moving in the near future.
I would like to contact other buyers to warn them that the dewormings and shots may very well be bogus and that their dogs may not be what they think they are.
Still trying to work on that one

Prin
October 16th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Good luck and be careful.:fingerscr :grouphug:

rainbow
October 16th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I agree :fingerscr :fingerscr and keep us posted. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Golden Girls
October 17th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Good luck :pawprint:

~michelle~
October 17th, 2006, 07:30 AM
good luck and good job for not standing ildely by and taking action

tarasmom
October 17th, 2006, 01:11 PM
well guys, I posted a forum topic on this breeders internet ad, I mentioned nothing specific just requested that any previous buyers contact me, and bam there today, recently updated is a blurb about me! and what a bunch of crap it is.
So I guess since she has made the issue public, and some particulars it is not wrong os me to post a link her to her ad.
Please feel free to check it out
( this link is for just one ad, she has several)

tarasmom
October 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
also, if you read her ad, with her statement about me she says" sue thinks its a westie"
this is a woman who claims to have been breeding for over 14 years, and she insists my pup is a Chiuaua( purebred) she also has westies( link in post above you can see them)
Here is a pic of my Chiuaua ROFL

technodoll
October 17th, 2006, 01:38 PM
good lord! that is NOT a chihuahua! :eek:

tarasmom
October 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM
well she thinks so, she did tell me it must be a recesive gene that caused her to look different. you know Chiuauas were bread from different breeds, so thats what happened. yup she sure said that!!
funny eh
I must clearly be loosing my mind thinking my special baby could possibly be part Westie. LOL
And the concept of returning her to this breeder, well about as likley as I am of returning my kids to the stork.

rainbow
October 17th, 2006, 02:24 PM
She looks more Westie than Chihuahua to me. Certainly a cutie.

greaterdane
October 17th, 2006, 03:19 PM
She definatley looks like a westie not a chihuahua. I can't imagine her looking anything like a chihuahua as a newborn either though.

tarasmom
October 17th, 2006, 03:36 PM
My own mistake was not researching what a longhaired TEACUP (yeah right) Chiuaua looks like, I didnt know. I knew what a short haired looked like.
She didnt have a lot of hair and was really small, so I fell for it

Lise
October 17th, 2006, 04:33 PM
If you really want to pursue this,it is a federal offence to sell a dog in Canada as a purebred without furnishing CKC registration papers.It is an offence under the Pedigree act.

coppperbelle
October 18th, 2006, 06:07 AM
She is really cute but does look like a Westie.

BMDLuver
October 18th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Looks pretty darn westie to me.

coppperbelle
October 18th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I may have missed it but did she ever give you anything in writing that stated this was a purebred dog and that it would be registered with the CKC? Do you have a contract or sales receipt that states what kind of pup you are buying? Even if this litter was not registered maybe she has registered some other litters. The CKC may be quite interested to know that she is mixing breeds of dogs and accidentally selling them as purebred.
If so, she could be in really hot water. If not, and she just said that it was a purebred it is your word against hers.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 18th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Yup must be some recessive gene that made your little baby look like a westie - imagine that - a purebred Chi that looks like a westie -

I think what you are doing is great trying to expose this women - I can't believe she had the nerve to post the pic and try to convince everyone she is a chi - ... oops sorry you posted the pic - but still come on - anyone would know as soon as they saw her - unless of course they have never seen a chi or a westie in their whole life.

Your little girlie is very cute - we love her even if she is the result of an evil and unethical breeder - she is lucky to have found you :) ;)

mastifflover
October 18th, 2006, 08:32 AM
You go girl because if you do get her shut down you will feel so good about what you have done. That is a mighty cute Westie I mean Chi. Just make sure you do not leave yourself open to a lawsuit for slander or libel. Keep us posted.

tarasmom
October 18th, 2006, 08:52 AM
this breeder posted the pup as a purebread on the internet( yes I saved it, have copies) the reciept I have says CHI on it. So in everyway I was told/under the assumtion without anything to show otherwise that I was buying a Chiuaua. Now I find out the vet form she gave me was forged/ false, he did not check , deworm or inoculate any puppies for this woman.
As far as slander or libel is concerned, it is only that if it is false, I am not saying anything about this woman that isnt factual of which I have undisputable proof.
today I will be contacting the local police dept to file charges of fraud as well as charges under the pedigree act for selling a purebred without papers.
the local bylaw officials will be notified for her illegal kennel and revenue canada will get a call
then I will get the paperwork together and start the small claims court action against her.
I just wanted to wait until I had all my eggs together on her before I started anything, the final piece was the vet info.

technodoll
October 18th, 2006, 08:58 AM
you go, tarasmom! :highfive: somebody has to do it :mad:

mona_b
October 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM
OMG,what a cutie patootie you have there...:D

Definately Westie(Mom had one for 13 years)...And you baby looks ALL westie.

If you really want to pursue this,it is a federal offence to sell a dog in Canada as a purebred without furnishing CKC registration papers.It is an offence under the Pedigree act.

Exactly.

And I have brought this up many times on here before.The only time you cannot register the pups is if only one of them is registered.And if both are registered,the pups MUST be registered under the CKC.

I take it no CKC papers were mentioned?

Also,get a hold of the CKC

General Enquiries

416-675-5511

Also,we need more pics of her....:D

~michelle~
October 18th, 2006, 11:14 AM
thank you soooooo much again, you taking her down will definately stop several animals from suffering her wrath anymore.

Frenchy
October 18th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Way to go Tarasmom! :highfive:

Golden Girls
October 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM
What a beautiful Westie or Chi-Westie :cloud9: Sounds like this woman is running a BYB and should be liable for at the very least fraud. It's a good thing your in Ontario :fingerscr and not Quebec. There is so many newspaper and online pet ads that list purebred dogs for sale using bogus registration forms :(

Q: purebred pet store puppies are legally suppose to come with CKC papers under the Animal Pedigree Act - is this true?

As far as slander or libel is concerned, it is only that if it is false, I am not saying anything about this woman that isnt factual of which I have undisputable proofmaybe so but it's only in the court of law that she can be proven guilty not before, please be careful (link ?)

mafiaprincess
October 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Sounds possibly like a broker... They were told it was a chi so they sold it as a chi, only to find it is a westie.

dogmelissa
October 18th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Do you have a scanner? I'm quite curious to see the contract or "receipt" from this woman (obviously omitting any info about her that would be considered slander). I don't mean to insult you, but if *she* is spelling chihuahua the way you do (Chiuaua), then that could get her out of any "purebred" clause, just as much as a petstore I used to work at that sold "border collie-type" puppies (they were as purebred as I've ever seen, they even had herding instinct at 12 wks old!!). If her spelling is incorrect, she could claim that a "chiuaua" is a cross between a chi & a westie (honestly, she's obviously done worse already!), and because those are the only 2 breeds going into it, it's obviously purebred. I know it sounds ridiculous, but people who do things like this know the laws and often have found very sneaky ways to get around them when they really want to. And some lawyer or judge (if it gets that far) or director for the CKC might let her get away with it.

I'm sorry that you were deceived about your puppy, but I hope that you are able to find info about what characteristics are "normal" for her breed, work with her and end up with a fantastic dog. I'm sure you will no matter whether she's purebred (pick a breed) or a "mutt". Once you've fallen in love (which probably took all of 6 seconds, right?), it doesn't matter what she is. People ask me what kind of dog I have (he's supposedly Maltese X Japanese Chin) and I tell them "that kind" (as I point to him).

Please keep us updated on the progress of your fight against this woman. I wish it was as simple as just getting her shut down, but unfortunately, she can simply move to another province, buy some other dogs from someone, open a new place under a new name and keep going. :( It's horrible, and should be a criminal offense!!

Good luck, :fingerscr
Melissa

PS: Please PM me the link to her site.

tarasmom
October 18th, 2006, 05:58 PM
The recipt I was given says CHI, thats it as far as the breed goes. According to the law, advertising a purebread chiuaua( ok cant spell lol) verball telling somone the dog they are buying is a purebred chiuaua, means you have sold a purebred chiuaua, anything but that is fraud and knowingly decieving the buyer. Not only did she decieve me there but the vet paper is a fake too. Even if she gave the shots/deworming herslef, giving a vet paper, saying she was vet checked, impiles that it was the vet who did it all, implication means everything when a buyer is duped. That means I did not buy what I was told I was buying and that is illegal in all courts, and this woman has no idea who she is up against.

dogmelissa
October 18th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Sounds like she is in for a mighty big lesson.... hopefully it won't cost you too much. If you have to get a lawyer involved and go to small claims court or something, hopefully *she* will have to pay your legal fees. That'd be only fair for charging you for something you didn't get.

Good luck & keep us posted!
Melissa

Prin
October 18th, 2006, 06:30 PM
You also might want to be careful what you post on the net in the meantime. It could jeopardize your case.

meb999
October 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM
If you have to get a lawyer involved and go to small claims court or something, hopefully *she* will have to pay your legal fees. That'd be only fair for charging you for something you didn't get.

VERY rare a juge will condem someone to pay lawyer fees....court fees yes! but not the lawyers wages. That's why alot of people DON'T use the court system, is that if you need law counsil, the price it costs often outweighs the gain.....

Good Luck Tarasmom! and I agree with Prin, you always want to walk into a courtroom with clean hands...so watch what you post on the net, even if it is true....

mona_b
October 18th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Q: purebred pet store puppies are legally suppose to come with CKC papers under the Animal Pedigree Act - is this true?

Many of these"purebred" puppies come from brokers/BYB...These pups mostly come from unregistered dogs.I'll be honest,I have yet to see a petstore(even the big ones)have registered pups.This would mean knowing who these "breeders" are.And if anything goes wrong with the pups,health ect,they don't want it coming back to these so called "breeders".As both the Sires and Dams names are written right on the Certificate..And if you have a purebred dog that is not registered,then under the CKC,it is not considered a purebred.

she could claim that a "chiuaua" is a cross between a chi & a westie

But she sold tarasmom what was suposed to be a Chi.

director for the CKC might let her get away with it.

Not even close.There is no way that this person would get away with it from the CKC.They have a very stricked Code of Ethics for every breeder.The CKC can revoke a Kennel licence.

There should have been other paperwork given to you tarasmom.I guess you didn't get anything?

You also might want to be careful what you post on the net in the meantime. It could jeopardize your case.

I have to agree with Prin.

Golden Girls
October 18th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Many of these"purebred" puppies come from brokers/BYB...These pups mostly come from unregistered dogs.I'll be honest,I have yet to see a petstore(even the big ones)have registered pups.This would mean knowing who these "breeders" are. And if you have a purebred dog that is not registered,then under the CKC,it is not considered a purebredO how I found that out the hard way that they all come from millers :sad: On their papers it just says "golden retriever" with a vet's signature :rolleyes: hey maybe I have myself a couple of mutts. I always thought they might be mixed with lab :p

The reason I questioned this was just recently (maybe I mis-read an email) that purebreds sold in pet stores legally must supply the breeders name. But I guess you answered that question - naming the breed doesn't mean it's that breed nor a purebred :confused: G whiz - you need to be a certified lawyer just in the hopes to get what you pay for !!!

mona_b
October 19th, 2006, 07:53 AM
The one petstore in the mall by me sell theirs as "hybreds".....:rolleyes:

They have two signs stating the difference between "purebreds" and "hybreds"...I told them to change the hybred sign to either BYB or Puppymill....Oh,I have made my statements loud and clear to them.....:D

rainbow
October 19th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Tarasmom, I've just caught up on this thread and I agree with Prin and meb999.....be careful as you just don't know who is going to read this on the net. Good luck and let us know the outcome. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

tarasmom
October 19th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I have received some email corsepondence from a woman who says she also bought a puppy from the same person I did, She raves about her, that she is an excellent breeder and she will definitely recomend her, although when asked she did say her pup is a purebred but does not have any CKC papers, and when I asked her if she saw the breeders licence she replied" what licence?"
so I can see whay these situations are allowed to continue when people rave about someone breaking the law.

Frenchy
October 19th, 2006, 07:05 PM
she did say her pup is a purebred but does not have any CKC papers
Then,legally,her dog is NOT a purebred.

mafiaprincess
October 19th, 2006, 10:11 PM
From what I understand.. no papers, less of a case to argue.. because it is technically not a purebred dog then.

Your case is more along the lines of falsified vet info even though you were sold a westie though it was supposed to be a chihuahua.

tarasmom
October 19th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I know its not and you know its not and although she states she is very happy with the dog and the breeder, her stating that its a purebred with out papers helps me, so thanks very much, 2 voices are better than one.

tarasmom
October 19th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Oh yeah, was my phone ever busy today and will be again tomorrow, did some in person visits today and will again tomorrow, all round busy few days for me, but well worth it based on feedback I have been getting. and oh was that constible ever a cutie, sheesh! would have liked to pet him for a while

mona_b
October 20th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Was there a price difference between these breeds she was selling?Was she charging more for the Chi then the Westie?

. no papers, less of a case to argue.. because it is technically not a purebred dog then.

True to a point....She can argue the HUGE difference between a CHI and a Westie.....And the reciet did say Chi.

There was an episode on Judge Judy.A women bought a Yorkie from a "breeder"...Well this dog had some Yorkie in it.But it was not a pure Yorkie.It was registered with the Continental Kennel Club.And Judge Judy knew what a Yorkie looked like cause if I recall it was either her or her daughter who had one.To make a long story short,she awarded the owner her money back and she still got to keep the dog....:)

oh was that constible ever a cutie, sheesh! would have liked to pet him for a while

That what I say about my partner....But he's married....:sad:

Prin
October 20th, 2006, 12:37 PM
hee hee Constable Cutie...:D I think that would take away from his mean rep.:D

Golden Girls
October 20th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Mona, your a police officer? And you work with a cutie patootie in full uniform all day? :cloud9: how do you catch the bad guys with that kind of d distraction :D

The one petstore in the mall by me sell theirs as "hybreds".....:rolleyes: They have two signs stating the difference between "purebreds" and "hybreds"...I told them to change the hybred sign to either BYB or Puppymill....Oh,I have made my statements loud and clear to them.....:DIf your like me, I can imagine :D Is hybred even a word? What is their interpretation between the two - this has got to be at least funny?

rainbow
October 20th, 2006, 07:17 PM
The one petstore in the mall by me sell theirs as "hybreds".....:rolleyes:

They have two signs stating the difference between "purebreds" and "hybreds"...I told them to change the hybred sign to either BYB or Puppymill....Oh,I have made my statements loud and clear to them.....:D

Were you in uniform when you did this. :fingerscr :D :fingerscr

mona_b
October 21st, 2006, 07:42 AM
Ohhhhhh Golden Girls,trust me,it's not easy at times.:D ....Especially when he wears Dolce and Cabana..........:cloud9: ....:D :thumbs up

Their interpretation is,get this,they come from private breeders.This is why they are not registered....Now that's just too funny.I told them the sign should say "puppymills/BYB"

Unfortunately no rainbow,as I don't work out of Hamilton.When I was going in this petshop,I acted like I knew nothing about petstore puppies.Questions like,why are they not registered,can they be registered.,are the parents registered,temperment tested,health/genetic certified.Then when I listened to what they had to say,I gave them the low down on all this.And there were a lot of people in the store.They didn't like the fact that I mentioned BYB's and puppymills(as I was also asking people if they new about this)..

Well the supervisor was called and said if I didn't leave she would call security.Well I'm sure you know what happened after that.......:D

tarasmom,we would love to see more picks of your cutie patootie....:D

Golden Girls
October 21st, 2006, 10:54 AM
Well the supervisor was called and said if I didn't leave she would call security.Well I'm sure you know what happened after that.......:D You even got yourself arrested and violated by a full body search from :cool: Constable Cutie? *shakes head* :D

tarasmom
October 21st, 2006, 01:14 PM
well the ball is rolling along nicely
just as I had hoped
can't say much more now but will post info as I am allowed

rainbow
October 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
You even got yourself arrested and violated by a full body search from :cool: Constable Cutie? *shakes head* :D

Tee hee hee....some people will do anything. :D

rainbow
October 21st, 2006, 02:35 PM
well the ball is rolling along nicely
just as I had hoped
can't say much more now but will post info as I am allowed

Glad to hear it. Be careful and good luck. :fingerscr :fingerscr

mona_b
October 22nd, 2006, 06:52 AM
You even got yourself arrested and violated by a full body search from :cool: Constable Cutie? *shakes head* :D

Nooooooo,I didn't get arrested.LOL

tarasmom,good luck.

When everything is all done,then let us know......:)

Lise
October 22nd, 2006, 07:47 AM
The pet stores or a breeder is not legally allowed to represent an animal as a purebred without furnishing registrations.If it says anywere on your contract chihuahua,they are representing the dog as a breed and must furnish registrations or application for registrations.The only way the breeder or store can get around this to say type or mix.Good luck.Kind of depressing theses puppy mill/backyard breeders can face higher penalties for paperwork than cruelty.

tarasmom
October 23rd, 2006, 09:18 AM
another pic of Tara

joeysmama
October 23rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
Tara is such a cutie pie !!!

Yesterday my husband and I were on the road and we passed a sign that said uppy Store. I looked to see if it was a store selling puppy SUPPLES and hopefully not actual puppies.

But it had neon signs in the windows advertising dog breeds. It was a crummy little place on the side of the highway and we just looked at each other and said "poor little puppies in their cages."

And even though no one is going to chedck or care what kind of homes the puppies go to, I couldn't help but think that they've got it a lot better than their poor mommies who are back at the puppy mill probably getting ready to grind out another litter for some bottom feeder to make money from.

mona_b
October 23rd, 2006, 10:33 AM
The pet stores is not legally allowed to represent an animal as a purebred without furnishing registrations.If it says anywere on your contract chihuahua,they are representing the dog as a breed and must furnish registrations or application for registrations.

Unfortunately this doesn't apply to the pet stores.

As I have said before,many of these pups come from unregistered parents,so there is no way the pups can be registered.

Same for BYB's....Many do not sell CKC pups because either both parents are not registered,or only one is.If one is,that doesn't matter,the litter can't be registered.As for a "breeder" giving you the application.No,it doesn't work that way.It's the "breeder" who does this.The litter gets registered,then each pup gets registered.When the pup is sold,then the new owners name is registered.

Oh trust me,paperwork does not outweigh cruelty.....:)

Awwwww what a cutie she is.....:D

Sorry,just have to share a pic of my Mom's Scottie...:D

More pics please............:D

rainbow
October 23rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Tarasmom...very cute Westie you have there. :D

Bearsmom
October 23rd, 2006, 04:58 PM
Or, a Chestie???LOL

Golden Girls
October 23rd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Unfortunately this doesn't apply to the pet stores.Why not though? Why should pet stores and puppy mills able to go around the law?

Previously I thought the same as Lise said - if it says Chihuahua then it is representing that breed, which is a purebred. I don't understand ... obviously :shrug: Since they cannot supply CKC papers they shouldn't be aloud to sell them naming that breed unless it's written mix or mutt. They are purposely misleading and deceiving the public <--- ISN'T that against the law?

mona_b
October 23rd, 2006, 06:30 PM
I know,it pretty confusing at times.

The CKC doesn't have the manpower to go out and"bust" those who sell purebreds without papers.And MANY people don't know that under the CKC Pedigree act it's ilegal to sell puppies who's parents are registered,unregistered.Or that under the CKC pedigree act,unregistered dog/pups are not recognized as purebreds if not registered.

Mind you this is the CKC pedigree act.MANY people don't know about it.

tarasmom
October 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Chestie! I love it, I wondered what I would call her heheheh
I had Chiwie or something lol
I have searched hi and low to see if there were other dogs of her mix and havnt found anything so far. She is definitely an original.

coppperbelle
October 23rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
I am sorry you are having to go through all this but I will say it again that you have the cutest little pup.
Please keep us updated but be careful who and what you say publicly.

Golden Girls
October 24th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Mind you this is the CKC pedigree act.MANY people don't know about it.They do now :evil: thank you Mona.

Tarasmom: Tara is beautiful ... glad to hear the ball's rolling. Good luck :fingerscr