Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thanksgiving activities

ByronsMum
October 10th, 2006, 06:19 AM
What did you and your furbabies do for thanksgiving???

Byron, hubby and I went to my inlaws and Byron got to play all day with their bouvier/collie mix, Charlie.. They had a BLAST and collapsed exhausted after 4 hours of playing! :dog: I think Charlie was very THANKFUL that he finally got a break at the end of the day! :D

BMDLuver
October 10th, 2006, 07:44 AM
We spent the whole weekend working on our yard for fall cleanup. It was such a beautiful weekend here. The dogs had a blast playing and helping us clean the gardens. Then everyone got a small piece of chicken as their thanksgiving treat. Quiet but nice, really.

mummummum
October 10th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Tearing around the valley and over to the Brickworks dogpark. Grooming grooming grooming (that's part of fall cleanup right?:D). Stick and large branch tug-o-war, ball chasing and lonnnnng, leisurely walks through the neighbourhood. That is until the panic of "OMG I have to cook and clean, in less than 12 hours eight people are coming to dinner !!!" set in. Then I had three four-legged sous-chefs in the kitchen for Feast Prep providing unlimited snarfled-in-the-blink-of-an-eye assistance when anything strayed towards the floor, general reee-arrroo-wooroof-weeeeurrr directions and instructions on proper food handling techniques largely involving dropping samples to the floor for taste tests from fuzzbutt gourmands. Happily, the floor was clean, the food was great and everyone was comatose for a good 4 hours afterwards.:thumbs up

Angies Man
October 10th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Your Thanksgiving day is Columbus Day in the US. A day when the banks and government offices are closed, but schools are in session and it's generally ignored by all except the Native Americans. It's kind of a sour day for the Indians, with demonstrations at some Federal facilities (Alcatraz Island for one.)

What's the traditional celebration of Thanksgiving in Canada?

Prin
October 10th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Almost the same as yours in the states. We have turkey and all the fixin's.

My doggies, my man and I went up to my dad's cottage for lunch and a freezing swim (the doggies, not us).

rainbow
October 10th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Hubby came home unexpectedly (was scheduled to work at double time :frustrated: ) so I cooked the "traditional turkey dinner". :D

Decided to give the boys their first "turkey additions" and eneded up with "poopie plops". :frustrated: