Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog is slick!

rayyes
October 10th, 2006, 06:31 AM
So I come back home the other day, and my dog is out of the cage... I could've sworn that I locked him before leaving!
The next day I make sure to lock him before leaving.
Sure enough, when I come back he greets me with a smile and a nice pile of doodoo in the living room :yuck:

Anyways, it took me a while to figure out what he's doing. I don't know how he learnt it - I sure didn't teach him. I caught him in the act and took a video of it LOL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3jtGw-BQGg

dtbmnec
October 10th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Ok that sucks for your carpet but ROFL I love it!

Time to get a new cage?

Megan

jessi76
October 10th, 2006, 08:40 AM
LOL! I love the video! definately a smart dog!

BMDLuver
October 10th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Lol, very clever dog.

Use a hiking clip to stop him/her from being able to lift the latch up if you wish to keep contained when out.

dtbmnec
October 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Carabeener!!!!! :D

lol

Megan

dakar
October 10th, 2006, 12:33 PM
So funny!! I can just hear him thinking 'Give me a break. How stupid do you think I am!' lol

Inverness
October 10th, 2006, 02:05 PM
My dog is slick!

Your dog is gorgeous ! I love witty dogs ! :cloud9:

Prin
October 10th, 2006, 02:09 PM
hee hee doesn't he know if he wanders around before you actually leave, he'll get caught?:D

Angies Man
October 10th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Wow!:eek:

Time for an improved latch, I guess. A dog clip (like what's on the end of a dog's leash) and a bit of chain should slow him down.

brandynva
October 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I have two escape artists. Our GSD is in a double latch cage, but we only latched the top one. Well one day I latched her in her cage and was on my way out the door for work when she comes wandering upstairs. She thought I had left, so when she saw me she pinned her ears back and tucked her tail between her legs and looked like, "uh oh, I got caught!" We latch it with a clip latch PLUS the top and bottom latch. No problems. Our other dog had outgrown his crate so we improvised and took it apart and expanded it with PVC pipe and zip ties. Well the back is open on it, but pushed against the wall and it is not light. One day I came home and he was out of his crate. He had a field day and chewed up a plastic water gun into teensy unrecognizable bits. We figured out that he was pushing the crate out and going OVER the top of it!! Smart dog! We now have something heavy in front of it. I wish I had gotten it on video though. It might've been worth $10000! hehe Gotta love our smart pups! :dog:

rainbow
October 11th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Smart doggy. ;)

coppperbelle
October 11th, 2006, 08:34 AM
That was too funny. He is humoring you by going in the crate. My sister's little Yorkie has started doing the same thing.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM
That is so smart - sometimes I find those cages hard to open. :D

angeldogs
October 12th, 2006, 12:51 AM
That's funny.So smart.