Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

First time off leash

dakar
October 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Well, after spending the last week trying to talk myself into it, I finally took Brie to the off leash park. I was so concerned because she is not what I would call great at recall. She comes when she isn't busy with other things and so I 'make' her come and haven't tried off leash stuff yet. But I just really felt that she needed more exercise and more contact with other dogs. So today I bit the bullet and went (with a pocket full of treats - in case I needed bribes). It was fantastic! She had so much fun - made friends with two airdales and they all played chase for a while. Then we walked the paths and played some fetch. She stayed right with us the whole time. If she started to wander we just walked away and called her. She came right along. Didn't even run off to say hi to other dogs. She would see them and whine at me until we got close enough that I told her it was OK. Then she'd go up and say hi for a sec and we'd continue on. I came home with all the treats still in my pocket and a new favorite place for walks. I didn't realize what a good dog she is. Sometimes I think I am so concerned with what she's not doing right that I miss what she is doing right. Made my day!

~michelle~
October 9th, 2006, 07:08 PM
awesome ... congrats!

Violeta
October 9th, 2006, 07:11 PM
That is great news!!! :highfive:
I also trained my girl to follow me everywhere and she does, last night I tried it and she followed me perfectly :angel: , very close and paid a lot of attention to me :D .