Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tearing Eye

Precious06
October 9th, 2006, 11:37 AM
My kitten is 9 months old and her right eye tears just about once a day. Is this something serious and should be taken to the vet?

LibbyP
October 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I would take her, there are many different things that can be going on, better to be safe than sorry. She might have an URI or an open tear duct, hard to tell without seeing, keep us posted.:fingerscr Oh ya Hi and Welcome to the forum

SnowDancer
October 9th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Yes. I noticed this in our young cat and it turned out to be primary glaucoma. Started one evening and was still running next morning so I took to fit. Primary comes on fast. Better to find out sooner rather than later.

Precious06
October 10th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I took my kitten to the vet last night and was told it was nothing serious. The doctor asked if she was sneezing or coughing, which she isn't. This has been going on for about a month, and he said if it was URI, I would of seen her sneezing and coughing a lot by now. He thinks its just an allergy. Her eye is inflamed a little, so he gave me an ointment to put in her eye twice a day for a week. Other than that he said she looked good. SnowDancer, did your cat have any symptoms before it was diagnosed with P.G.?

LibbyP
October 10th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Glad to hear it's nothing serious, hope it clears up soon:fingerscr sometimes with second/third whatever time, URI you won't notice alot of sneezing etc...

Precious06
October 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks Libby. I was told if it was URI, I would see a lot of sneezing and coughing. If I don't see any of that, how would I know that she might have URI? What other symptoms are there?