Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Thanksgiving and Thank you

marko
October 9th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Dear members, mods and guests,

It's Thanksgiving day in Canada today and I thought I'd take this opportunity to thank everyone for making the Pets.ca bulletin board such a fantastic place to visit.

To all our amazing members - thanks so much. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and knowledge so freely with other members and guests. Thank you for helping build this amazing community of caring pet lovers. Please know that your contributions are very much appreciated by visitors from around the world that need the information.

To the Moderators - 10,000 thank yous. Because our board sparks so much passion, it is often a hard board to moderate - and you do a tremendous job! The daily effort you put in does not go unnoticed, and again helps keep this board an amazing resource free of promotion and full of information. Here's 3 more thank yous. Thank you thank you thank you - so that makes 10,003.

To the guests - Thanks for choosing our board to visit. I hope you are finding what you need and I hope you will join our amazing community of pet lovers. Please don't be shy to send me or one of the Mods a message if you need to.

A special thank you to those directly involved in animal welfare - This board has become very popular with rescues, rescuers and shelters. This is gut-wrenchingly hard work because you deal with animals that have been neglected and abused on a daily basis. The tide never seems to end. Please know that even on a one by one basis you are making a huge difference in the lives of these animals and by the positive messages (such as spay/neuter and adopting animals) you put forth. On a personal level, you have inspired me. Because of your dedication, you have inspired me to become an SPCA volunteer and I now help walk the dogs at the Montreal SPCA for 3 hours a week. Thank you again for your dedication and inspiration!

So from me, one of the Admins on this board
Happy Thanksgiving and THANK-YOU!
:grouphug:

Sincerely,

Marko
ADMIN

erykah1310
October 9th, 2006, 09:31 AM
That was really nice, and happy thanksgiving to u too Marko and everyone else who may be reading too!

Frenchy
October 9th, 2006, 10:00 AM
That was so nice Marko! I would like to thank you and the moderators too. You guys are doing an amazing job and because of that,I am now an addict to this wonderful website.:grouphug:

meb999
October 9th, 2006, 11:00 AM
A special thank you to those directly involved in animal welfare - This board has become very popular with rescues, rescuers and shelters. This is gut-wrenchingly hard work because you deal with animals that have been neglected and abused on a daily basis. The tide never seems to end. Please know that even on a one by one basis you are making a huge difference in the lives of these animals and by the positive messages (such as spay/neuter and adopting animals) you put forth. On a personal level, you have inspired me. Because of your dedication, you have inspired me to become an SPCA volunteer and I now help walk the dogs at the Montreal SPCA for 3 hours a week. Thank you again for your dedication and inspiration!

i second that!!

Prin
October 9th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Happy thanksgiving to you too, Marko.:)

I agree that the rescues who are members here contribute so much to this board. They often know so much about health issues and behavior issues because they come into contact with such diverse animals. They are very needed amazing fighters for our less-than-articulate furry friends. :grouphug:

I'm an addict too, and I love the way the people who come here, whatever their backgrounds and experience, try their best to help out in anyway they can. With more and more great regulars getting addicted, the info available here just gets better and better.:)
:grouphug:

rainbow
October 11th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Well, I'm a day late but I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too, Marko. This is an amazing site and I am also an "addict". :D

The rescue people here also need a special thank you for all the work they do. :angel: :grouphug:

mummummum
October 14th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Well, I'm five days late ~ is it too late to pretend I'm from Toronto, Ohio ?

Thanks to pets.ca, the mods, the drop-in behaviourists, trainers and vets and the sponsors of pets.ca of course, for providing us with a forum to get advice on everything from apple-pie to zoonotic diseases; share our joys and frustrations with our animals and the world in general; trade our health, food, training and socialization experiences and knowledge.

Pets.ca is almost always the first place I turn to for help and I'm proud to call myself an addict!!