Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Help With Pup

Shanks27857
October 8th, 2006, 08:53 AM
[F][/FONT]
I have a 7 1/2 week old Poodle/Jack Russell puppy (Babe is her name) Last night late when she had a bowel movement there was long thin white stringy stuff coming out of her. I first thought she must have gotten a hold of a wad of gum - I have been worried about it ever since though. I live in a small town and I called around and the closest vet open today is over 50 miles away. ( I live at the bottom of mountains in the boondocks) Is it bad enough for me to take her today? Is there anything I can do at home to help her? She plays and runs around like all is well! No problems there. She has had several bowel movement since this happened and they are looser but no more white stuff. By the way this was not a string like material or yarn it was very thin strechy and white like string cheese. Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

SuperWanda
October 8th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Are they tapeworms?

jessi76
October 8th, 2006, 09:29 AM
worms. your pup will need a fecal test to determine what kind of worms, then will need meds (a shot or a round of shots) from the vet. If your regular vet is open tomorrow, I'd go then. worms are extremely common in pups! pups need proper treatment, but we all go through deworming pups. I wouldn't let it go untreated, but I don't think it's an emergency, so try to get in tomorrow.

Prin
October 8th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Definitely get the doggy checked out as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the worse the infestation gets.