Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Warning! - Rope toys

Spoiled
February 18th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Don't let your dogs have rope toys without supervision! Dogs using them without supervision can have serious problems and requre an operation!

amaruq
February 18th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Did you have a problem Spoiled?

My fool dogs like to rip the things to shreds then eat them. I agree it can be dangerous! Builds up in the gut if they can't pass it.
I will watch and throw them out if the knot is loose or any rips in the rope to let the threads loose. But they have to play tug of war with each other...bether the rope the socks or god knows what else lol! Don't hit me k? :D

Spoiled
February 20th, 2004, 08:31 PM
A friend of mine has a dog who chewed the end off a rope toy. The rope wrapped around his intestines, and the dog almost needed surgery to get the rope out.

The people even had to take the dog to the vet to get water ingected into his behind!

Wow, was he ever sick!:(

wAggie
February 22nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
:eek:

that's terrible!!

I got a rope toy lying around 24/7, you can see it in the pix I post, lol.

the thing is MASSIVe for the Chocolate & Honey. they play with it to no end, it definitely does not look as tho it's going to tear at moment's notice.... the THREE of us grab a hold & get growling @ times as well :D

don't buy any from the dollar store, complete waste of money. ;)

go for something big nuff to fit into their mouth that they can gnaw @ rather than simply chew... works for us!

oh & little pieces of ANYTHING are lying around, they are IMMEDIATELY picked up. Chocolate doesn't bother & Honey will chew it for the feel of it but drops it after a moment. there's always something better for her to do than try swallowing some rope... (that's what happened from the dollar store rope toys & left over fleece toys, :p )