Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Psychotic dogs!

erykah1310
October 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Aurghh! I am soo fed up with all the nuts dogs I come across at work. Its rediculous!

I mean why get a dog if you are just going to tie it outside by meters that have to be read ( and You friggen know it) then leave for the day and hope for the best!??????????

Today I have a "life flased before my eyes"moment! Go up to read this meter, cautiously of course since there was a dog bowl in the lawn.
I hear the dogs chain rattle so I stopped and watched for what direction it was coming from, The psycho dog barrels at me teeth bared and spitting, So I jump back ( FAR) I walked away continued the rest of the street and figured I would go in to read that meter with the truck.

I get back to the truck and head over to that house. ( 3 meters there) I slowly creep the truck closer to the house to get a reading and here comes CUJO, it attacked the truck!!!!!! Bit the plastic guard thingie off the front bumper.
It was insane! Just as I am pulling out the " owner" comes home and non shaulantly asks me " Did you have a problem" almost snarky like. :yell: :mad:
YES YOU **&&*( I did have a problem, look at your poor dog! SO neglected and unsocialized that it is attacking trucks!!!!

I told her that I was putting a message for future readings stating that if that dog is out not to read the meter. It is a safety concern. She got a bit upset with that, but too bad! Either train your dog or pen it if your not gonna be home. Or... Read your own meter!@

Sorry bout my pointless rant, but Im just really miserable today and this really ticked me off!

technodoll
October 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
double :grouphug: for you erykah... i feel your pain :o

if you read my now-locked thread on the dog i kicked, you'll know i totally understand how you feel about people who should not own dogs :evil: you didn't get hurt, did you???

erykah1310
October 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
No didnt get bitten again, but would have if i wouldnt have noticed the dog bowl thats for sure. I usually end up in a "trance" while walking around in and out of yards. Im really happy that i saw that bowl.

I was MAD. I mean the dog literally ripped off the plastic thing from the bumper. It was some kind of Aussie shep mix. Very angry dog thats for sure, and the owner just kinda chuckled it off.:mad: :frustrated:

technodoll
October 6th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Very angry dog thats for sure, and the owner just kinda chuckled it off.

you know... alot of people use dogs as "emotional weapons" cuz they're too chicken to deal with the real world, and they think having a loud mean dog makes them "cool" somehow :confused:

erykah1310
October 6th, 2006, 08:38 PM
you know... alot of people use dogs as "emotional weapons" cuz they're too chicken to deal with the real world, and they think having a loud mean dog makes them "cool" somehow :confused:

True dat! I have seen it too many times thats for sure, for some reason a dangerous dog is some form of ego boost!

Its a lawsuit waiting to happen thats all. And YES i would sue if I was ever seriously bitten by a dog. There is no reason for a dog to be made so mean, I know that there are a few who are " wired wrong" but this dog "COULD" have been a happy healthy social family pet, but no.... Lets tie it out and see how mean it can be!

GOD I hate some people so much at times.

Dont get me wrong my dogs are tied out too, BUT... they go places, see people, and sleep with me.
I take days to chill with the dogs, no people. Sure Im potrayed as "nuts" or an "animal freak" but I dont care, my dogs are better company than most people I know!

Frenchy
October 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM
my dogs are better company than most people I know!
I second that! :dog:

Angies Man
October 6th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Call the cops or animal control. File a complaint. What if you hadn't noticed the waterbowl? Getting mauled by vicious dogs is not part of your job!!!!

mummummum
October 6th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I'm with Angies Man. You need to register a formal complaint with Animal Control and advise your employer. It's a health and safety issue. The homeowner clearly doesn't take responsibility for his dog's behaviour, even seems to be encouraging aggressive behaviour (I wonder if the idiot thinks he won't get a bill cuz the meter wasn't read :frustrated: ). In making a complaint to Animal Services you may just smarten this dude:rolleyes: up and by notifying your employer you are alerting them that there is a potential "work refusal" issue if THEY don't formally address the bad behaviour of their customer with their customer.

erykah1310
October 6th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I put in a meter message so if the meter doesnt get read we dont get in trubble for it.
My exact message " Very bad dog, dont read if outside can reach meter"
I guess i should have filed a complaint. I have been bitten once already and thats enough for me! The risk of my job. ( we dont have to read a meter with "bad" dogs, but sometimes we dont know they are there)