Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi There!

brandynva
October 5th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself and my menagerie of animals.

My name is Brandy and I live in Virginia in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I am married and have 2 kids, 7 and 10. We are the proud parents of 2 dogs, 1 cat, 3 ducks, 1 hamster, 3 bettas and last but not least 2 hermit crabs! Let's start off with our doggies. The first is Mileva who is a german shepherd mix. She looks and acts pure shepherd though. We got her when she was 8 weeks old and she is now a year old. She is very sweet and loyal, but protective as well. Right now she is licking my son and trying to prevent him from reading. We started out trying to teach her german commands, but the only one we remembered was "nein." She hears that a lot! :angel: Our second addition is Roscoe who is a border collie/blue heeler mix. He looks like a border collie with freckles! He is a blast. He is 6 months old, but is so laid back which is against the nature of both the breeds he is! We expected a very active dog, but he is not. He is the type of dog that wants to be in your lap at all times giving kisses. Our cat is a orange/white shorthaired named Otis. We call him King Henry because he is so regal, even when being licked to death by 2 dogs! The ducks are alot of fun and we have them just for a hobby. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and have appreciated the advice I've read just from "lurking." Sorry this is so long winded. Talk to everyone soon! :grouphug:

P.S. -- The picture quality isn't that great, but it is the most current of our puppies!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG00044.jpg

LibbyP
October 5th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Welcome, sounds like you have your hands and house full:thumbs up Not to worry about the 'lurking' I think everyone does that for alittle while before they get the courage to finally join, and then sit back and wonder why it took so long. This is a very fun and addictive forum with tons of members with a wide range of knowledge. Love the pic, cannot wait to see more(and some of your ducks) I used to have a baby duck (Herbie:rip: ) he was the best little duck while he was with us. Look forward to chatting sometime:pawprint:

rainbow
October 11th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the forum. Your doggies are gorgeous.....I love the freckles.