Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stray cats/kittens in MTL?

jensiffer
October 5th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Does anyone know which areas of Montreal are heavily populated with stray/abandoned cats or kittens? I will be working at a clinic and would like to scoop up as many homeless cats as I can for treatment. Thanks.

Jensiffer

Prin
October 9th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Umm.. I think most parts of Montreal have outrageous numbers of stray kitties... I'd say take Boul St Laurent from Rivière des Prairies to the Fleuve St-Laurent (i.e. Montreal Island from north to south), go about 5kms both east and west of it and make a box and that's where most of the kitties are.:(

mummummum
October 9th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Just curious... you'll be working at an Animal Hospital/ Vet clinic? And they'll be doing this treatment pro bono?

BMDLuver
October 9th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I'm sorry but I find this post a bit odd. It makes me rather nervous that someone is looking for a bunch of strays. I'm not saying that the OP isn't legit,just that it's the internet so we don't really know whether this person is honestly going to be working in a clinic and able to pay for that many alterings or is working for a test lab? :sorry:

catsnatcher-CDN
October 9th, 2006, 07:39 AM
My reaction exactly, BMDLuver.
What clinic? What treatment?

chico2
October 9th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Ditto to that,if there really is a clinic doing this,why not help out all the cash-strapped rescuers out there:confused:

badger
October 9th, 2006, 08:34 AM
And aren't there enough strays in Ontario (if the OP is moving to Montreal, I missed that part)?

chico2
October 9th, 2006, 08:43 AM
It would be wonderful if someone really would help all the stray and feral kitties anywhere,but it sounds too good to be true.
If we are wrong,I apologize!

vfrohloff
October 9th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah, sounds a bit fishy to me too.