Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Christmas story...

Inverness
October 4th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Once upon a time, there was a little girl who, each year, at Christmas time, would beg her parents for a cat. Each year, when the time had come and the colorful boxes were under the lighted tree, the little girl would carefuly scrutinize each and every present, in case she'd find a clue, a bit of hair, a little meowing sound, anything that would let her believe there was a little kitty coming her way. There was never.

Time went by, the little girl grew. She moved out and got a cat. And two. And five. And, well, she's not counting anymore. Each night, when she comes home from work, she climbs up to the second floor and into cat territory. She valiantly reaches for the plastic scoop and, rejoycing about the fact that she DID get her cat and more, she scoops out unspeakable amounts of poop. Her heart is filled with love and gratefulness when she carries down bags full of soiled litter and then carries back up new bags of clean litter. Living in a very green neighbourhood, she does not throw away any of this recyclable matter. No. She packs it all in the 170 L-capacity bin that she will courageously drag to the side of the road the following Tuesday, composting day.

Now she's been thinking. 170 L of cat poop a week, that's 680 L a month, that's 8160 L a year. 8160 L of cat poop. Being picked up at her door by a poor fellow who certainly wonders why he's chosen that job. When he could be selling shoes, or driving a delivery truck, who knows. Who on earth would willfully decide to pick up cat poop for a living ?

Yes, she's been thinking. She ought to get that guy a Christmas card...

:cat:

Prin
October 4th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Cute... as long as she isn't a hoarder...:o

Inverness
October 4th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Cute... as long as she isn't a hoarder...:o

Oh, I don't consider myself as a hoarder... ;)

Prin
October 4th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Oh, I don't qualify myself as a hoarder... ;)
Oh, it's you. :o Ok, then. It's just cute.:)

Inverness
October 4th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Yes, it was autobiographic, inspired by the 3 hours of cleaning I just did in cat land. Then again, if you want to adopt one of those cats, help yourself ! I love to share ! :D

erykah1310
October 4th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Maybe a little gift for the guy too.;) He deserves it!

Inverness
October 4th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Maybe a little gift for the guy too.;) He deserves it!

Yes, a cat, maybe ? :party:

erykah1310
October 4th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Maybe, but something tells me he picks up enough poop for one guy;)
How many do you have?

rainbow
October 4th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Hee hee...when I was reading it, I thought "this could be Inverness". :D

I also feel the same way about the dogs and cats poop that I put in the garbage for pick-up. I always double bag it.....but still....:o

Inverness
October 4th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Maybe, but something tells me he picks up enough poop for one guy;)
How many do you have?

Hhmmm, at the moment I clip 565 nails per month, both cats and dogs. Try and figure it out ! :crazy:

Of course, there's quite a number of pets up for adoption in there... :)