Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

$1000 challenge

seeker
October 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Certain members of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Canada have issued a challenge to help the fight of Bill 132 continue . These families are issuing the challenge and putting up $1000{from each family as a whole} that is going to be used to help pay Clayton Ruby . I know that is a serious amount of money but this is a very serious cause and the government is playing dirty .
Anyone wishing to rise to the challenge can PM me for more details .
Thanks, Randy

babyrocky1
October 4th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Certain members of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Canada have issued a challenge to help the fight of Bill 132 continue . These families are issuing the challenge and putting up $1000{from each family as a whole} that is going to be used to help pay Clayton Ruby . I know that is a serious amount of money but this is a very serious cause and the government is playing dirty .
Anyone wishing to rise to the challenge can PM me for more details .
Thanks, RandyIts great to hear that people are doing this great thing! Thankyou whoever you are... but just another comment...Doggy communtiy the bully folks have done and are doing what they can but we need the entire community to help... regardless of the breed you own...this challenge is great for those who can contribute but every little bit helps too and it cant keep coming from the same small group... so if you can help or even spread the we really need you to try!

Even the bully community, if there is an estimated 25,000 bullys just in Toronto, were have they been during this fight?

mummummum
October 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM
:sad: Well I'm sorry that I can't rise to the challenge this time ~ these days I'm just handing my paycheque to the Vet and asking her how much more I owe...:sad:

But!! Whenever there is anything bully-oriented or a paws for "The Cause" type of thing I routinely send an email out with details to all my friends with animals and/or a love of animals. So if there is a flyer I can attach or forward a weblink that would be helpful Seeker.

babyrocky1
October 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Mumumumum...you have done sooo much for the cause already!!! :highfive: And you dont have a Bullie.... sorry to hear your still getting vet bills!:sorry: I hope everyones all right!

mummummum
October 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks babyrocky...we're just "fighting the good fight" tryiong to stay on top of everyone's "buh-seases"!

I see Banned Aid has been posting in the "pets" section of Craigslist ~ it's a really well-written post ~ I hope their having some success. Are there any other activity-type fundraisers in the works that you know of ? Has anyone thought of doing a mass appeal to Vet's to donate a small percentage of their profits ? Maybe some of us in the Toronto area who would like to "rise to mett the $1000 Challenge" could put our collective heads together to find a low-effort, low-cost way to raise a thousand dollars. I'm in if there's any interest.

seeker
October 4th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Any amounts will be appriciated and the challenge is open to groups , it does not have to be from individuals .

Sorry mumumum we don't have any flyers but I will try to get more info posted tomorrow.

mummummum
October 4th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks Seeker. If you need help with a flyer ~ let me know. I love doing that stuff. I wonder if we could do something like this ? We've certainly got enough great looking bullies and bully-wannabees (:D just kidding all you Staff & Boxer ppl) in Ontario not to mention some great photographers.

http://www.theunexpectedpitbull.com

babyrocky1
October 5th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Advocates for the Underdog is currently putting one together as they did last year and well the Staffy Bull Gals have done one too but I think that may be a limited edition...Ill let someone else describe that one:thumbs up...actually Conners may have posted the link.

mummummum
October 5th, 2006, 01:08 PM
You mean they stole my idea and used it last year ?!? :D Wow ~ they're good.;) . It's true then, there are no original ideas.

So the Staffy Gals had a wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say-no-more, say-no-more calendar eh?Actually that would be kinda neat - strategically placing the naughty bits behind the doggy. I think I'm tall enough I'd have to borrow a Mastiff though...:o

I just emailed AFTU to ask if they will have a 2007 calendar ready for Christmas shopping.

Invicta
October 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM
The Staffie calendar is not a limited run. You can order it through their website. $20 donation plus shipping.

It's a great calendar. I'm Miss August! Very tastefully done.

Thanks for posting about our $1000 challenge. It's being well received. Any amount is great no matter how large or small.

babyrocky1
October 5th, 2006, 07:48 PM
:thumbs up The Staffie calendar is not a limited run. You can order it through their website. $20 donation plus shipping.

It's a great calendar. I'm Miss August! Very tastefully done.

Thanks for posting about our $1000 challenge. It's being well received. Any amount is great no matter how large or small.Congratulations Miss August! I havent seen it yet but Ive heard all about it! LOL You gals all Rock in my books!:highfive: ...now thats thinking creatively!:highfive:

Invicta
October 5th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks babyrocky!

My dad mentioned the idea of doing this last May at one of our booster shows. He was kidding when he mentioned it, but 2 ladies in our club ran with the idea and voila! We have a calendar.

babyrocky1
October 5th, 2006, 08:03 PM
LOL the guys have all the ideas but the girls have all the courage!

mummummum
October 6th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Advocate for the Underdog calendar order forms will be sent out in a mass email in a couple weeks with shipping in mid to late November. Wahoo ~ Christmas shopping !!!! Now to check out the Staff Gals calendar ~ you can never have enough calendars !?!?! ;) Think stocking stuffers!!!! Just in case I can't find the website can someone post it purdy pleez ?

Here it is for any otehrs who might be interested:
www.staffordcanada.com

BullLover
November 3rd, 2006, 11:26 PM
Advocates calander is ready to go now.

Here's the link.
http://www.advocatesfortheunderdog.com/

OntarioGreys
November 9th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Advocates calander is ready to go now.

Here's the link.
http://www.advocatesfortheunderdog.com/

Great! got my order in :ca:

mummummum
November 30th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Bumpity-bump up to the top little post....

Just ordered a bunch myself! They'll make great stocking stufferes for friends and relatives, Kris Kringling at work, items for raffles at your local school/community and Church bazaar and if you know someone who is dead-pro BSL ~ give 'em one !!!