Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my cat seems depressed

megan may
October 4th, 2006, 07:28 AM
i am really a bit worried about my son, Leo, he is about 5 months old and is very healthy, lately, when he goes out, he stays out for days at a time. i get so sick with worry. when he comes back it is just to eat and sleep, and the cycle continues, i have read an article about depressed cats and it seems like he is showing alot of the symptons. he doesn't want me to touch him, or be cuddled and deliberatly ignores me, he has an older brother, Ozzy who is completely different, very playful etc. I love both my sons the same, and would never want to see either of them unhappy or upset, i just don't know whet else to do... if there is anyone out there, i would really appreciate some advice...

joeysmama
October 4th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Hi Megan. I just posted in your introductory thread too.

I would be concerned about him being out all the time. It's not a safe place for kitties. There is a forum here called Frequently Asked Questions and one of the threads there is about keeping cats indoors.

It explains the reasons really well. Check it out. I'm sure you'll find it helpful--and so will Leo.:)

rainbow
October 4th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I would definitely not let Leo stay outside for days at a time or one day he won't be coming home. :eek:

Does Ozzy go outside with Leo? Are Leo and Ozzy neutered?