Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Red ears!

ByronsMum
October 3rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
Hubby and I brought Byron back from puppy socialization classes this evening and noticed that the skin in his ears is red and feels very warm! :eek: His ears do not smell bad (just their usual waxy smell).

Could this be because he is flushed from the excitement or is it something else? I washed his ears last night with an ear wash containing tea tree oil that I got from our local pet store, but didnt notice anything this morning. He has been sleeping for the past hour, but his ears are still red!!!

dogcatharmony
October 3rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
could be just the class that got him excited. i know when i brought my pup to obedience her ears would get red and warm and her toungue would go purple.........and her whole body would be warm. and because she was soooo pooped out she would sleep like a log. i even got to sleep in the next day:D

Prin
October 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, Jemma gets red ears from running.:shrug:

ByronsMum
October 3rd, 2006, 10:33 PM
Cheers and thanks all! Good to know that he is A-OK! :thumbs up

jawert1
October 5th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Both my 2 get red ears when they've been workin out :) If they stay red or get puffy for an inordinate amount of time, and/or smell funny too, then I'd be concerned. Congrats on puppy classes, how's he doing?