Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

found anoooother oooone!

technodoll
October 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
dear lordy, the more you look at these "performance foods" sledding dogs have to eat, the more shocking it gets that these poor animals don't drop dead from all that crap in their systems :eek:

look at this winner, from http://www.newnorth.net/~cloud/index.html.htm

Ingredients: Fish Protein Digest, Dried Egg Product, Chicken Digest, Vegetable Oil, Porcine Meat and Bone Meal, Chicken Liver Meal, Animal Fat, Fish Oil, Brewer's Yeast, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), .... Crude Protein, min. 48.00% Crude Fat, min. 32.00% Crude Fiber, max. 2.00%

:confused: pretty scary stuff!!

mafiaprincess
October 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
Man where do all thee nasty foods come from. Frig that's gross.

Prin
October 3rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
ewwwwwwwww....

Frenchy
October 3rd, 2006, 09:55 PM
but it must be good,everything is already digested,less labor for the dogs :rolleyes:

erykah1310
October 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
The sledder around here, feeds RAW techno!!!!

erykah1310
October 3rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
LOL I dont want to edit that, cause its hilarious.

He doesnt feed " raw techno"
He "feeds raw.................... Techno":D

Lissa
October 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM
LOL I dont want to edit that, cause its hilarious.
He doesnt feed " raw techno"
He "feeds raw.................... Techno":D

Okay I must be incredibly tired because I found that incredibly amusing!:D Good times!:p

rainbow
October 4th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Those poor dogs. :sad: What exactly is fish protein digest? :eek: And, porcine meat? :eek:

Esaunders
October 4th, 2006, 08:00 AM
porcine = pig

Violeta
October 4th, 2006, 08:48 AM
This is just wrong :frustrated: !

I canít believe that legally they can get away with something like this. :evil:

rainbow
October 4th, 2006, 11:39 AM
porcine = pig

Thanks....although with all the other crap ingredients they may as well just be up front and say pig meat. :D

So, what's fish protein meal? :confused:

technodoll
October 4th, 2006, 06:33 PM
fish protein meal.. dunno... leftover guts and fins? :confused:

:yuck: we should have a Hall of Shame for these atrocities! :mad:

Prin
October 4th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Rainbow, porcine is more scientific sounding.:D

technodoll
October 4th, 2006, 07:33 PM
i think if i fed the below to my dogs, they would violently explode from both ends and die of malnutrition within a week! :eek: :mad: :frustrated: :yell: how is this ***** even legal?!

http://www.tuffyspetfoods.com/Supreme/softmoist_burg.html

Soft & Moist Burger Dog Food - Regular or Cheese Flavor

Wheat flour, soybean meal, corn syrup, water sufficient for processing, poultry fat (preserved with BHA and citric acid), meat & bone meal, propylene glycol, corn gluten meal, calcium carbonate, salt, phosphoric acid, cheese meal, potassium chloride, potassium sorbate (a preservative), mono-glyceride, minerals (zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, sodium selenite, manganous oxide, mineral oil, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate), red 40, choline chloride, vitamins (vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement), garlic.

Prin
October 4th, 2006, 07:35 PM
BHA and citric acid. mmmmmm

technodoll
October 4th, 2006, 07:35 PM
and also http://www.tuffyspetfoods.com/Supreme/extra_chunk.html

what a wonderful lineup!! wonder what a 40 lbs bag goes for... $8.99?

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Wheat middlings, ground yellow corn, soybean meal, poultry by-product meal, animal fat (preserved with BHA and citric acid), salt, calcium carbonate, minerals (zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, sodium selenite, manganous oxide, mineral oil, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate), choline chloride, vitamins (vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement).

erykah1310
October 4th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Supreme Extra Value dog food is formulated to meet or exceed the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) nutrient profiles for maintenance of adult dogs.

What does the AAFCO do?? if anything? cause apparently I can **** on a stick and it would meet or exceed the nutrient profiles for maintenance of adult dogs.

technodoll
October 4th, 2006, 07:55 PM
What does the AAFCO do?? if anything? cause apparently I can **** on a stick and it would meet or exceed the nutrient profiles for maintenance of adult dogs.

ROTFLMAO!! wiping tears from my eyes from laughing... although... sigh. it's not even funny how true that is :(

Frenchy
October 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Explosive diaria :crazy: :dog:

Prin
October 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
lol @ Frenchy. That post is so out of context, but not out of context at all. So funny.

Frenchy
October 4th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Well,a great pyrenee on cheap food makes enourmous piles of runny,smelly poop that made me gag when I picked it up.I had never seen such discusting poop in my life ! So there,that's I call explosive diaria!

technodoll
October 4th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Well,a great pyrenee on cheap food makes enourmous piles of runny,smelly poop that made me gag when I picked it up.I had never seen such discusting poop in my life ! So there,that's I call explosive diaria!

omg :eek: are you talking about who i think you're talking about? :eek:

E.D., also known as hershey quirts, cannon butt, flaming hose, the runs, the trots... :o

Prin
October 4th, 2006, 09:18 PM
E.D., also known as hershey quirts, cannon butt, flaming hose, the runs, the trots... :oHershey quirts- named after my old dobie who got them on a regular basis?:love:

Frenchy
October 5th, 2006, 11:33 AM
omg :eek: are you talking about who i think you're talking about? :eek:

E.D., also known as hershey quirts, cannon butt, flaming hose, the runs, the trots... :o
:D They came to my place a few times.I clean my yard everyday,specially when 5-6 dogs! It was the first time I had problems picking up poop,it was huge piles of soft stools and the smell :yell:

technodoll
October 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
i feel so sorry for that poor dog :sad: it's like my words just hit a brick wall. sigh.

Frenchy
October 5th, 2006, 11:49 AM
i feel so sorry for that poor dog :sad: it's like my words just hit a brick wall. sigh.
I dogsat him for 24 hours once,I didn't want to give him back.IF he's ever "up for adoption" you will tell me right? He would be a great addition to my fuzzbutts,he would live IN the house and get brush everyday :o

technodoll
October 5th, 2006, 12:00 PM
you can bet your butt i'll look into that issue... poor sweet thing. if he were mine he'd get baths, good food, daily brushing, nails trimmed, and live in the house... like most dogs should. sometimes i wonder if I was adopted!! :eek:

Prin
October 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM
At least he's got two aunties wishing the best for him.. That's more than most doggies get.:sad:

Angies Man
October 6th, 2006, 07:56 PM
What does the AAFCO do??

From AAFCO's site:

"The term AAFCO stands for the Association of American Feed Control Officials. A basic goal of AAFCO is to provide a mechanism for developing and implementing uniform and equitable laws, regulations, standards and enforcement policies for regulating the manufacture, distribution and sale of animal feeds; resulting in safe, effective, and useful feeds. The Association thereby promotes new ideas and innovative procedures and urges their adoption by member agencies, for uniformity.
Purpose and Function of AAFCO:

The purpose of the corporation shall be to establish and maintain an Association through which officials of any state, dominion, federal or other governmental agency and employees thereof charged with a responsibility in enforcing the laws regulating the production, labeling, distribution, or sale of animal feeds or livestock remedies may unite to explore the problems encountered in administering such laws, to develop just and equitable standards, definitions and policies to be followed in enforcing such laws, to promote uniformity in such laws, regulations and enforcement policies, and to cooperate with members of the industry producing such products in order to promote the effectiveness and usefulness of such products."

It sounds like a feed industry lobbying group. You know, give our legislators and congressmen money so that the feed industry gets tax cuts or credits and no government regulation. (I KNOW, I won't get any more political than that!)

erykah1310
October 6th, 2006, 08:03 PM
So basically the AAFCO does nothing but it looks like they do lots??!?!?!?!

Amazing how many people who see that AAFCO "guarantee" on a bag of crap food and think " must be good food":confused: :shrug: :frustrated:

technodoll
October 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Amazing how many people who see that AAFCO "guarantee" on a bag of crap food and think " must be good food

yep... but WE know better and are spreading the word, right? :rolleyes: "8 dogs, 6 months, if 6 survive with no apparent sickness, the food gets a stamp of approval". :eek: