Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Chihuahua has a rash

adallis
October 3rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the board and I would love to say hi everyone for starters. I'm so happy I found this forum.:love: :love:

I have a male Chihuahua who is about a 1 1/2. Yesterday I noticed a rash on his paws and today it has spread to his chest. I have made an appointement with my vet tomorrow morning to find out what the problem may be.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before?
Please let me know.

a

the gang
October 3rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
fingers crossed hope all goes well maby hot spots keep us posted brenda.

Prin
October 3rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Hope everything goes well at the vet. Maybe it could be an allergic reaction...:shrug:

adallis
October 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks everyone. :thumbs up

I think it may be an allergic reaction because I recently changed my detergent just this week.

a

adallis
October 16th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to update you on Tony's rash. Well my little doggie has demodectic mange (mites) and that is what's causing the the rash on his four feet, shoulder and under his chin. The feet have alpecia and are inflamd and the lymph nodes are slightly enlarged.

So, the vet has provided antibiotics to take twice a day for a week and oral insecticide to be taken once a day for a month. After the month I have to take him back in so the can re-examine and to see if he still needs to continue on medication.

Apperently this occures primarly in dogs less than 12-18 months, because their immune system is not fully developed.

Wish my doggie luck on a speady recovery.:fingerscr

Alexia

Prin
October 16th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Good luck for a speedy recovery! :fingerscr

rainbow
October 16th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Poor Tony. :( Fingers crossed for a speedy and full recovery. :fingerscr