Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cooper the homewrecker

joeysmama
October 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Where else can you tell a pet story with no point to it--just a brag on how cute your furbaby is ??

We went to the shore again this weekend and the Tom's (husband and son) were up at the beach and I was at the house with the Cooper. My nephew's friends showed up and started oohing and aahing over Cooper who just laps it up--he's a huge flirt. So these kids (ok not kids exactly--mid to late 20's) are big animal lovers and start whipping out their cell phones to show me pictures of their doggies.

I was packing to leave and they asked if they could take Coop Doggie Dog for a walk. So they took him down by the dock. In the meantime, hubby, who had no idea anyone else was at the house but me goes down to the dock to check the crab traps. He sees, from a distance someone with the same hair as me, wearing jeans and a tee shirt like me, holding Cooper. (she had her head turned and his eyesight is poor:rolleyes: ) But behind her there's this young guy with his arms wrapped around her.

Hubby didn't know whether to be mad or think "Good for her !!"

Then he walks over and starts talking to Cooper and the girl says "Isn't he cute. His name is Cooper." And Tom said "I know--he's my dog !"

But now my son thinks he should be making more time for the dog since he's such a hit with the ladies !!;)

Prin
October 3rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
lol that's so funny. Your poor hubby must have had a flash of devastation..:D tee hee hee :crazy:

chico2
October 3rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Your son is right,when my son got divorced,he got himself a little red Mustang(car) and Kita,his little JRT and was she ever a "chick-magnet"(like my son says):D

mastifflover
October 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
Cute story and we love to hear brags about how cute and funny are furkids are. Well from experience ladies big dogs are men magnets and small and medium sized dogs are chick magnets. I have more guys approach me when I have Buddy with me you would actually think I might have gotten a date out of it but not yet. My friend says the same thing about his lab Paco alias the chick magnet.

Prin
October 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
My doggies are man-scarer-awayers. :D Unless you consider "get that big black scary dog away from me" as a pick up line.:D

joeysmama
October 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Unless you consider "get that big black scary dog away from me" as a pick up line.

Maybe not a pick up line so much as a way to weed out the weenies from the guys worth talking to.;)

mummummum
October 3rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
Coop-doggie-DAWG ! Hmm sounds like your two-legged brother is going to be parading you on a more regular basis...better make sure your son knows that Cooper has to be A-One groomed before he takes him out or he will be the opposite of a chick-magnet.

Uhhhhh Mastiff-lover, I have THREE big dogs and nary a man in sight... and I swear I bathe every other month :D ~ what else should I be doing ???? Joeysmama ~ maybe you could send Cooper down here and he could give lessons to my three ?