Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

good evening everyone !!!

megan may
October 3rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
my name is megan may, i am from south africa,i just wanted to introduce myself, i have two children, my two darling cats, their names are Ozzy and Leo, both boys, I love them to pieces. I look forward to hearing from all other animal lovers !!!!

LibbyP
October 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Hi and Welcome megan may,Just so you know right of the top, you've joined the best forum around:D ;), how old are your 2-legged children? I love the pic you posted (LMAO), it cracked me right up:crazy: I cannot wait to see pics of Ozzy and Leo

Prin
October 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the board! I agree- we need some pics of your kitties.:)

chico2
October 3rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
South Africa,wow,we are getting very international,that's great!!
We would like to know a bit more+pics of your kitties,I have 3 cats myself.

joeysmama
October 3rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Welcome !! I agree with everyone else. No fair teasing us with pictures of kitties and not showing us Ozzie and Leo !

~michelle~
October 3rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
yes pics please i like the :crazy: photo

megan may
October 4th, 2006, 12:52 AM
thanx for all the replies, i have a feeling that i am going to be very happy here... i promise to put a few pic of ozzy and leo up as soon as i figure out how to work my bluetooth dongle, in the mean time, i will tell you all about them!!!

The Ozz Man - He is a ginger male, + - 6 months old and he is adorable, he recently suffered a minor setback, but i am glad to see that he is back to his jolly old self.

Little Leo - We got Leo about 1 month after Ozzy, we felt sorry for Ozzy, because we had to leave him at home in the day all by his lonesome ownsome, so we bought him a friend and that friend happened to be little leo, i am really worried about leo, i have been reading articles about cat depression and am almost positive that something is wrong.

Leo seems so distant lately and its almost as if he doesn't want us to touch him or pet him. He stays out all the time and only comes home to eat, i really want my baby to be okay, so if anyone knows anything about cat depression please let me know .... I had better get a move on, other wie i will be late for work .... :thumbs up

joeysmama
October 4th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I woud be very concerned about him being out all the time. It's not a safe place out there for a kitty. There is a forum of frequently asked questions here and one of the threads is about keeping your cat indoors. Check it out. It explains the reasons very well and I'm sure you'll find it very helpful and so will Leo.:)

Frenchy
October 4th, 2006, 12:41 PM
South Africa ! Coool! Welcome to this forum. Waiting for pics....:D

rainbow
October 4th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see pics of Ozzy and Leo. The one you did post was cute though. :D I agree with joeysmama about letting Leo stay outside for so long.

chico2
October 4th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Megan,if your cat is not neutered,it is possible he has gotten a whiff of a female and will be very unhappy inside,needing to get to that female.

megan may
October 4th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Chico 2 ... Why is it, that my other male cat, who is 1 month older, does not go off galavanting like Leo. Ozzy stays home all day, and goes out for short periods, while Leo stays out most of the night. If it was the case of Leo whiffing the young ladies, why does Ozzy not go galavanting too.

megan may
October 4th, 2006, 03:43 PM
:cat:

These are my sons. Ozzy is the ginger cat and Leo is the lighter of the two. I have a message from them ..... " meeeeooow meeeeeeeeooowwww " thats their way of telling me they're hungry, better go feed my babies ....

chico2
October 4th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Maybe Leo is just a ladiesman and Ozzy has not had that whiff yet:D
At 6 month old,it's good you are having them neutered,before they start spraying your house.
They are very pretty,orange kitties are something special:love:

LibbyP
October 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM
OH, Thanks for the pic of your very Handsome boys, keep the pics coming:thumbs up

rainbow
October 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Very handsome boys indeed. :D Glad to hear you will be getting them neutered soon. It's the best thing you can do for them regarding their health. :cat:

megan may
October 5th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Thank you for all the compliments. I will make sure to pass them on. I hope to have better pictures in a little while .... I also have a few pictures taken today of little lion cubs, I am sure you will all find them adorable. I had to go down to The Seaview Game and Lion Park, lucky for me I go down there at least once a month on business and can keep track of how the lion cubs are doing, i will be posting these this evening. I hope the wait isn't to long. And Chico 2, i am sure that is the case. He seems to be very much the ladies man, with his blue eyes and all. :cat:

rivers
October 5th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Hello Megan May, I am also from South Africa, although I am now living in Canada for the past 3 years.
It is great to 'hear' a voice from sunny SA. I don't have an answer for your kitty, but understand fully about the cats going outside all day or night. It is so different here in Canada where the cats live indoors all day, or go outside on a leash. It took me a long time to understand, I felt so sorry for poor kitty who couldn't even go outside and feel grass or see a flower. But now I get it, lol. With raccoons and cayotes roaming at night, it is dangerous.

I also remember how most male pets don't get neutered, only females get spayed to prevent pregnancies. A different country for sure.

The dogs here also stay indoors all day, some in a crate (cage), until the owners get home to take it outside. No running around the yard all day while at work and barking at the fence. Which is another thing, I hardly ever hear a dog bark! Hard to imagine in the streets of SA.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Die mense hier kan erg opgetrek raak!:rolleyes:

joeysmama
October 5th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Rivers, reading your description of life in South Africa makes me want to pack up and move there. I can't even imagine letting Cooper outside unattended, even if I had a fenced in yard.

We've had bears and coyotes and wolves in our yard on more occsions than I can count. I live in a populated suburb too. I'm not out in the country. Three major highways converge within a few miles of my home. But they've been doing so much developing that the wild animals are being pushed out of the woods and into our yards---which used to be THEIR yard to begin with.

A few years back we had a very bad coyote problem and some of us actaully saw a coyote dive into the bushes and come back out with a cat in it's mouth. So upsetting.

And I feel badly for my dog because he loves to really run outside but we don't let him off the leash and only let go of it rarely. That's why he loved the beach so much. We could let him run freely and he just thought he was in heaven !!!

Anyway--thanks for the description of life in South Africa. It was so interesting and fun to think of a place where the beasties can have a little more freedom.

megan may
October 9th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I was surprised to see that there was another south african too ... wow ... thats great! South Africa is an awesome place to live, especially for the animals. I just wish that I could find a bigger place with a bigger back yard so that i can get a little puppy. Haven't made up my mind yet about, still not sure how my babies will take it. I don't really want to move because it might just upset the kitties. Moving can be very traumatising for them. Sorry to hear that you have that coyote problem etc... I suppose the pets are use to staying indoors ... if they were brought up like that. Its a case of they don't know what they are missing I guess. I am going to have my sons neutered soon, so hopefully that will sort the problem of him galavanting all night. In the mean time, I am bribing him with cat nip... LOL ... He loves the stuff. :cat: