Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

vommiting dog

jessie2488
October 3rd, 2006, 04:47 AM
my puppy is 3 months old. he gets into everything and anything he can find (grass, rocks, dirt, etc.). tonight he ate a small amount of chocolate, this occured around 730. he started throwing up around 815, first it was all his food, then his throw up became more liquidy. within 9 hours he threw up about 7 or 8 times. his last throw up was white and it looked like phlegm. does he have the stomach virus? is it contagious to humans? if its not the stomach virus , what can it be? someone please help me, im very concerned for my new puppy! thank you.

coppperbelle
October 3rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Please contact a vet immediatley. Your puppy ingested chocolate which is toxic to dogs and even a small amount in a young dog can be harmful. Don't wait any longer, please contact your vet.

Prin
October 3rd, 2006, 11:41 AM
I agree. Chocolate can be deadly. Please take your dog to the vet right away.

rainbow
October 3rd, 2006, 11:56 PM
Did you take your puppy to the vet? Please give us an update.