Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Amy

Amy's Mom
October 3rd, 2006, 03:34 AM
:thumbs up Well the surgery is over and stitches are out. she came through the spaying like a champ although I was a bit worried for a while. She seemed to have to pee every 1/2 hr, and when we went for our walks she would squat and try to pee about 9 -10 times. I actually though she might have a bladder infection but vet said it is quite common in dogs that are older (although she's only 2) after spaying because the bladder could be irritated.

We have increased her training to every time we go out and sometimes in the house just to reinforce what she has learned. I was going to ask how to stop a dog from barking at everything, but last night found the answer. She started to bark so I said in a very loud voice "NO BARKING". Low and behold she stopped. She looked at me and slinked around for a bit but now when she starts to bark I just say No Barking in a normal to gruff voice and she quiets down.

She is getting used to being around men and actually likes certain ones to pet her and cuddle her. It is like there has been a switch turned on in her head that says she is safe now and doesn't have to worry. She walks with pride and joy which is amazing since when we first got her, she would just mope around and walk like she was depressed and/or afraid.

Thanks again for letting me share. Here is a new picture of her.

technodoll
October 3rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
what a cutie-patootie! lookit the legs on that girl :p

happy things are settling down... be sure to post more pix, please! :)

~michelle~
October 3rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
nice to see things are getting better...... :) shes a cutie

rainbow
October 4th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Amy is adorable. :angel: