Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HUH?? could it be true?

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
Is it true that chickens dont pee? I have heard this before and never paid much attention when i had my hens ( I wasnt going to follow them around the yard for hours to see if they peed) I read an interesting thread on another forum and, again, they were saying they dont pee?:confused:

Any one have any clue if its true?

Puppyluv
October 2nd, 2006, 05:29 PM
No bird pees. Birds excrete uric acid which is not water soluble (where as we exrete urea, which is) and it is mixed with the feces. Uric acid is what makes bird poop white.

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 05:32 PM
That is freaking interesting!! ( not sure why the urination habbits of animals or non urination of birds is so fascinating to me today, but :shrug: oh well)
Learn new things everyday.

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Puppyluv, thanks for the explanation. I always wondered why the poop was so runny and white. But what about geese? They have turds.

meb999
October 2nd, 2006, 06:58 PM
puppyluv's explanation is alot better then what I was going to write :

birds don't pee ---> their pee comes out at the same time as their poo.

Real scientific, huh?

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
puppyluv's explanation is alot better then what I was going to write :

birds don't pee ---> their pee comes out at the same time as their poo.

Real scientific, huh?
It's one that I understand :D

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
birds don't pee ---> their pee comes out at the same time as their pooYou missed a part:

birds don't pee ---> their pee comes out at the same time as their poo on Prin's car
:D

Puppyluv
October 2nd, 2006, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty sure goose poop is solid because of their diet, but it stil contains uric acid. An interesting point of interest, is that Vulture poop has such concentrated Uric Acid, that it can be used as a sanitizer.

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 09:28 PM
Hrmm? I still think its gonna be a while before I go looking for vulture poop to clean my house :D

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure goose poop is solid because of their diet, but it stil contains uric acid. An interesting point of interest, is that Vulture poop has such concentrated Uric Acid, that it can be used as a sanitizer.

Well, they eat mostly grass cuz it's green. :yuck: But, sometimes it's runny and black tinged. :confused:

Puppyluv, where did you learn all this stuff?

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 09:54 PM
but it stil contains uric acid. An interesting point of interest, is that Vulture poop has such concentrated Uric Acid
:yuck: It burns paint on the car :eek:

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 11:25 PM
I can just picture the noise as you try to squeeze some juice out of a vulture to clean the floor...

REEEEE!!!

and then you get pecked and taloned to death.:D

Shaykeija
October 3rd, 2006, 01:01 AM
Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p