Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think my new puppy is sick

Missy527
October 2nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
My kids and I just purchased a puppy from a private owner. Since we brought him home, he has not eaten anything. He will drink water but no food. He also is pooping runny and has vomited a few times. I tried getting him into the vet, but they can't get me in for a few days. Please help!!!

Dog Dancer
October 2nd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Congratulations on the new puppy and good luck with the health issue. You will find that nobody on this page will diagnose for you. You need to get this puppy to a vet ASAP. Call that vet back and ask for an emergency vet number or find another vet. Those symptoms could be from many illnesses and must be diagnosed by a professional in person. Again, Good Luck. Pursue until you find a vet that will take you in an emergency - this is an emergency!

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
You have to find an emergency vet. This is serious. Puppies dehydrate quickly and it could die. Im sorry im so blunt but this puppy NEEDS vet attention IMMEDIATELY.
First thing that comes to my mind is Parvo. You can NOT treat it yourself. Hopefully this isnt what your pup has but only a vet can tell you.

mastifflover
October 2nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
First of all I would get the pup to a vet asap. If your vet can't see you then find another one if this dog is really sick it will not wait a couple of days especially if it is not eating. I would also go to the drug store and get some pedalytes in the baby section and give the pup some, so it does not dehydrate and gets some nourishment. With diarreah and not eating that can cause dehydration. Puppies do not stop eating for no reason. There are many things that it could be some very minor some life threatening. Also call the people you got the dog from and find out if any of the others are sick. Gather as much info from them as you can. How old is the puppy? Please post and let us know how the puppy is doing.

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 06:44 PM
I agree with the others and I hope you are at the vet's office right now. Please post with an update. I hope your puppy is not seriously ill. :fingerscr