Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Little bit of a delema

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 04:46 PM
I was asked today if i would be interested in fostering a dog. He was ( this is so discouraging to type) shot in the head :mad: :sad: :yell: and has recovered well. however he has lost most of his hearing. He needs training and socializing ( with people, he is great with other animals)
I saw him today and he is the sweetest most loving boy ever. He is a hound however and is quite boisterous ( but I have no neighbours)
They have to move him to another foster home because the neighbours where he is keep threatening to shoot him ( and obviously already tried once)

Origionally i was asked if i was interested in taking him ( a forever home) but I explained my situation with 3 big dogs and one with failing health and said that it was not feesable with vet bills.

I feel so bad for this poor boy though, he is such a beauty.

mastifflover
October 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Oh that is so sad poor dog. Deafness is a little hurdle in the big picture it is fairly easy to train deaf dogs but it does tend to scare people.

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 05:30 PM
he is quite hyper, and energetic. I think he needs some thing more to do than what he is doing.
My dogs are trained with hand signals ( did it for fun) and it was relatively easy. Where as meik is trained to whistles ( better in the field)
I dont know what i should do! I feel so bad for this guy.:sad:

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Do it! :D and then just make sure you brag about him as much as possible to get the word out.:highfive:

(Forstering can be hard though.. :o)

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
It sounds like you could be the perfect match for this poor guy. :thumbs up

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 06:59 PM
I just thought of something. What about your work schedule when you sometimes have to go out of town for awhile?

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
Poor dog :sad:

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
Thats my biggest problem, its not fair to my dogs to be boarded when i leave and its going to be even harder for this poor guy. I cant do it this time.:sad:
I emailed my uncle from Brantford who has a coonhound already and told him the story of this poor guy.
:fingerscr Maybe, just maybe this can be his forever home:fingerscr

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Good luck.:)

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
It's a coonhound? I love those dogs,we don't seem to have any in Quebec. I mean in rescue and spca.

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Yes he is, he is gorgeous. there are lots of them around here always "looking for loving home" or "free to good home" in the papers. Hunters get them and then when they realize that the dog has to be "TRAINED" before it can run a trail they get discouraged and give them away.
There is lots of hounds on the reserves around here too that seem to be also seeking the same thing.
:frustrated:

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 09:59 PM
Fingers crossed that your uncle will give him his forever home. Keep us posted. :fingerscr :fingerscr