Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poombas first vet visit

Rottielover
October 2nd, 2006, 11:09 AM
Well we had our first vet visit today, he is really healthy except he has a heart murmur. They said on the next visit( oct 28th) they will recheck, it is possible it was just because the poor baby was scared.
What should I watchout for with a heart murmur? When he gets so scared, will it make it worse?, can he just drop dead in fear. I am really worried. Never had to have dealt with this before...
I am hoping he will grow out of it.

cpietra16
October 2nd, 2006, 12:37 PM
I felt just like you when I found out my cat had a heart murmur. The vet will rate it and let you know if you need to have any worries. Nickie has had one from day one and she is still a little fiesty thing...

Rottielover
October 2nd, 2006, 12:54 PM
Ok good, just do not like the sound of it, just imagine if he had to go through the harsh cold winter.....He is sound asleep, and has allowed me to cut his nails, and brush him without even a hiss...Yeah!!!! We go back on Oct 28th for FIV testing and vaccines...And another dose of revolution

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
I just posted on your other thread asking about the vet visit. Glad to hear he's healthy. I wouldn't worry too much about the murmur yet. One of my previous cats has the same when it went for it's first visit and then was fine. Were the dead bugs you found ticks? Can he play with Tigger now?

Rottielover
October 2nd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Actually I brought what I thought was dead ticks over to Cpietras house, she told me they were really small burs, and that is why it was only found on his fur, not skin. He will be going to be FIV tested soon. The vet reccomended waiting for a couple more days to make sure he has nothing brewing. Then they can be together with Harley on leash for awhile.
By the way thanks again Cpeitra for putting my worried mind at ease about the burs, really freaked me out....AND he has no fleas...Yeah!!!