Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Peeing

jakeandlucysmom
October 1st, 2006, 10:11 PM
My cat is peeing on the bed. This is not uncommon when my mom goes away, So i know she is stressed because this is the longest she (my mom the main care taker of Lucy the cat) Lucy has just also started to bring up her food everyso often and miss the litter box. When she was very young she did get a blader infection but had not had one since. My question is do you think this could be the probelm??(blader infection due to stress). The firest few nights i did sleep in my moms room but then the dog who sleeps with me in my room was getting upset too. Any one have ideas of what i can do(the cat and dog do not like eachother each have there own part of the house) My mom is coming back on Wed. Should i wait or take her in.

jawert1
October 2nd, 2006, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't wait to get her a vet appointment, bladder/kidney/urinary tract infections are extremely painful for all creatures. The sooner she's seen and treated, the sooner the behaviour will stop. Also, you may want to pick up some Nature's Miracle to help get the smell of cat urine out of the bedclothes and mattress - it's wonderful stuff. Good luck and keep us posted on how she fares. :pawprint: