Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need advice.

amaruq
February 16th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I'm gonna call the vets...but just want Ideas from you. Lizzy is getting us up in the middle of the night and has to go potty. Both 1 & 2.....I feed them in the morning and then again at about 2:30 pm.
What I'm worried about is she had majpr surgery on her stomach and gut due to swallowing a tensor bandage and i wonder if its done something to the bowel muscle that she can't hold it? Sounds weird I know? :(
I just trying to think what would cause this. Its happened on and off for while but now its every night.
Any ideas from you all?

Lucky Rescue
February 16th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Of course I don't know if your dogs' bowels are messed up or not - you must ask the vet about that.

But I"m just thinking that if she truly could not hold it, she wouldn't wake you up to let her out - should would go on the spot.

You might want to make her second meal much later in the day - maybe 5:30 or so. Then if you take her out before bedtime, she should be fine.

I have a feeling you are "training" her to wake you up by taking her out in the middle of the night. I know, because I did the same thing with my last dog.:D After I realized this, I just started telling him "Go to bed" when we woke me up. He did.

If there is nothing physically wrong with her, and you change her feeding hour, then you must start making her understand that she has to wait til morning.

amaruq
February 16th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Vet said same thing as you other then if I'm really concerned to bring her in and they will look at her. I'm gonna try to change the food times and get her back to bed. I do tend to spoil the little buggers :D