Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yay classes

mafiaprincess
October 1st, 2006, 06:15 PM
So.. I'm apparently a 'doggie mom freak'. As in some nights I search for local agility stuff. Yes, I know, I apparently lack a life..
BUT.. It paid off :D Turns out my old instructors opened their own agility school.. So I mulled it over for oh.. 5 minutes and signed up for an intermediate session starting in a few weeks, and we got in.

I wanna go now :)
Yay.. no more trying to get ourselves up to snuff to start somewhere else.. or starting from scratch somewhere else for like twice the amount.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Prin
October 1st, 2006, 06:16 PM
Yey! That's great! :highfive:

Lissa
October 1st, 2006, 07:25 PM
:crazy: WOOHOO!!!!!!:crazy: I can't wait to hear everything - soon!:D

Frenchy
October 1st, 2006, 07:52 PM
Yes, I know, I apparently lack a life..

People who come home from work to watch tv and drink beer,that's having no life , taking good care of your doggie is :thumbs up Can't wait to see pics of the classes (if you can take pictures,of course!)

mafiaprincess
October 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM
True enough Frenchy.. But it's cause you all understand.. Boss asks me what did you do last night.. I say I took Cider rollerblading he looks at me funny.. Same with some of my friends so..

I'll have a digi cam this time.. :) I didn't own one last time.

mummummum
October 1st, 2006, 09:22 PM
That's great Mafiaprincess! Where is the new place ~ close to home? Maybe you and Byrd should throw your lot in together and start your own facility since you are both in the same nabe more or less!!

Byrd
October 1st, 2006, 10:02 PM
LOL I'm afraid I can't do that, if I did I couldn't participate in the demos, let alone eventually in the SuperDog performances themselves. My previous trainer quit and started her own facility stealing half the clients from our facility, needless to say it didn't go over very well.

Lissa
October 1st, 2006, 11:50 PM
MP - I think you have found a great place to train!!! I hope to see pictures too and can't wait for updates!!:thumbs up GO CIDER!!!

My previous trainer quit and started her own facility stealing half the clients from our facility, needless to say it didn't go over very well.

Sounds like a tough break but I don't think that constitutes "stealing" clientele. That happens everywhere in the dog training world, people will follow the talent - those who offer the best quality of training in the most cost-effective way. Eventually all great trainers will break out on their own to make a name for themselves and a good living out of dog training - you can't fault them for that!

Prin
October 1st, 2006, 11:59 PM
And if the services and facilities aren't adequate despite being expensive (as agility things usually are), you can't expect to hold your clientele. :shrug: I'm not there, so I don't know what happened, but clientele don't leave for nothing.

mafiaprincess
October 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Glad my post could be hijacked so you could be snarky and nasty..

I was havign a little joy in finding a less toolish facility, but thanks for the crash and burn over it.

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
Where are the pics!!?

Are there any pics of this new place and Cider in action?

mesaana
October 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
Congrats on the new place, Mafiaprincess!!:thumbs up

Prin: she said yesterday that the classes are starting in a few weeks!!!

Now, I'll go start a post... I have similar exciting news and I don't want to hijack!

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Prin: she said yesterday that the classes are starting in a few weeks!!!I know, I just wanted to divert the attention back.:D

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
:offtopic: Mafiaprincess,I clicked on your name instead of the tittle,I didn't know you were a ski instructor,cool ! (off to see everybody else's profile :p )

mesaana
October 2nd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Oops! Soooo... where are those pics?;)

mafiaprincess
October 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
LMAO guys you are way too cute. Thank you :)
I wish I had new Cider pics.. but I have a 8ft deep 5 ft wide, 20ish foot long trench in my yard from fixing our foundation so it's limited agility time.. :(

Yes Frenchy :) I'm a level one ski instructor, and I'm almost done my first aid classes so hopefully I'm soon to be a ski patroller too. Wanna come ski?

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Wanna come ski?
Oh yes right,a broken leg,that's all I need right now :frustrated:

mafiaprincess
October 2nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
awwwww. I'd try to keep you in one piece. The only injury any student of mine got last year was off the ski hill.. One of my three year olds slipped on the trailer ramp and toppled off onto her head. Thankfully she ended up being more surprised than hurt..

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 08:54 PM
Maybe,I trust you,but we are talking about me here,the most unluckiest person in the world. :rolleyes:and afraid of heights,panic attacks and all !

jesse's mommy
October 2nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
I caused three surgeries, two screws and a piece of a cadaver in my knee from my first time skiing. :eek: Frenchy, I'm with you -- NEVER AGAIN!

mafiaprincess
October 2nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Wow JM. I skied as a kid.. Badly... I had a miserable time... Ex bf got me a job working with wee ones last year and giving me lessons on the side.. WAs so easy this time around I qualified as an instructor in no time at all. My examiners nearly died when they found out exactly how long I;d been skiing.

You all just need a little bit of help :)

Though if my first ski time ended like your's JM, I'd likely being saying no way no how too..

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
I started skiing at 4.. And then snowboarding at 14 and I never went back... I agree- you all just need help. :) I'm terrified of heights, but chair lifts come naturally to me for some reason (as long as neither of my bros are on with me ;)).

Mafia can do the skiing and I'll do the riding. Come on up!

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Mafia can do the skiing and I'll do the riding. Come on up! Me and Jesse's mommy will wait for you guys at the bar :thumbs up

jesse's mommy
October 2nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
I'm with you Frenchy!

Prin
October 2nd, 2006, 11:26 PM
No, don't take the t-bar. Those are the worst! :angel: