Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog with a cold?

maggiemay
October 1st, 2006, 10:05 AM
Hi,
My dog maggie has been having a lot of green eye boogers these past two days and she kinda gets a cough. She doesnt cough a lot but when she does it really seems to stress her. I wasn't sure if i should just wait it out, give her some chicken noodle soup, or take her to the vet. It doesn't seem serious but it just started two days ago and i dont want it to grow into something worse over time. She seems to have a little less energy than usual but she is still running around, and shes eating less but still eating some. Also her nose gets really warm and im thinking that she might be having fevers as well. Is there a cold remedy for dogs that i can do at home?
Thank you

jawert1
October 1st, 2006, 10:20 AM
Please take her to the vet immediately, it may be a bacterial infection that will grow worse and needs to be seen by a vet to be treated properly.

erykah1310
October 1st, 2006, 12:37 PM
Aww, poor Maggie :sick: She is definately not feeling her best, I would take to the vet, Just incase.

Hope she feels better soon. :fingerscr

Otto-San
October 2nd, 2006, 08:44 AM
Goopy stuff in eyes & lack of appetite doesn't sound good. I'd go to the vet asap.
Might be kennel cough?

http://www.chathamanimalrescue.org/kennelcough.shtml
Pls let us know how it works out.

jessi76
October 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
the very best remedy is a trip to the vet. My dog had goopy eyes and a minor cough when he was a pup... turned out to be conjunctivitis & kennel cough. after a round of antibiotics for the KC and some opthalmic ointment for the eye, he cleared right up.

maggiemay
October 3rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
ill be sure to get her in...although it seems to be getting better. I will take her in just to be sure.
thanks