Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick dog

tranquility
September 30th, 2006, 03:06 PM
My dog is 15 years old. She has always had a sensitive stomach but that didn't ever stop her from eating anything and everything. She has always been active, kind of a silly dog. Last week she vomited a little, not food just bile and saliva she did this for a day or two then stopped eating. She still drinks water and urinates but won't eat anything at all. She still goes for walks but kind of lays around other than that. She has no symtoms of anything else but it really scares us that she won't eat. Anyone know of anything that we can do?

rainbow
September 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
First of all, welcome to the forum. You need to take your dog to the vet asap. At 15 years old she is a senior and could have any number of things wrong at that age which we cannot diagnose over the internet.

If she has gone two days without food there is definitely something wrong. Please take her to the vet right away and post with an update. :dog:

terripooh
September 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Hi tranquility I am new here...your post sounds like me last week...I took my 15 year old in with loss of appetite and lethargy and they think she has kidney disease...it is very important to get your dog checked...loss of appetite is not good!

OntarioGreys
September 30th, 2006, 07:18 PM
SHe will need to have some bloddwork done to determine what is going on