Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Montreal - West Island

HelenL
September 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Hello - I'm new here - glad to find a Canadian Pet Site - I am a retired RN - (and love retirement) at the moment I have only one dog - Rookie - Old Age has claimed my my two great feral cats and my beloved Lhasa- Kip -within the last two years - The house was so quiet and empty as were my days - Then through a series of coincidences (if you believe in them !) little Rookie was put in my path !! Rookie is a rescue a terrier mix - approx 2 years old - He came to me with a history of abuse, neglect and abandonment - he had been found on the streets matted ,skinny with and with infected head wounds(thrown from a car ????) - he was already skinny and matted when caught and was taken to a local pound where he and his health needs were neglected - after living in cage for one month and as no one claimed him he was scheduled to be euthanized - just before this happened a rescuer from a local group saw him and pulled him out in time - then those minor coincidences took place that brought us together -
today almost 3 months later you would never know he was the same little dog ! He sports a nifty knew hair (fur) cut - his head has healed and the hair is coming back (much to everyone's surprise)- he has been vetted and microchipped etc etc - he has filled out and learned to play - he is housebroken - etc etc Right now we are working on getting him used to car rides -(those windshield washers terrify him) He also came to me with a history of being a biter - this was the first thing we worked on and today he loves people (too much) and that fear biting is a thing of the past - so with all this and much more my days are real busy (he is part Yorkie and all terrier!!!) I now have a purpose again - And I can talk to him about my Kip and he doesn't mind the tears - and never tells me to "let it go" So that is me ( or rather my dog) and I'm glad to have found this group
Helen L

Prin
September 30th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the board! I'm sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Rookie is lucky to have found you.:)

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 02:20 PM
Welcom to the board, Helen. So sorry to hear about Kip and your two kitties. :grouphug: :candle: Thank you for rescuing Rookie and giving him the loving home he so deserves. We would love to see pics. :dog: