Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh, Poor Larry

erykah1310
September 30th, 2006, 11:59 AM
That poor little bugger. Not only has he been bitten by Kita and has a broken leg and trying to get around like a Kitten, with a cast on. But while I was doing dishes this morning he came hobbling in to the kitchen and found a new "toy"
I didnt pay much attention because they are theives and steal EVERYTHING to play with.
He was content batting something around.
Then HE SCREAMED!!!!!! I dropped the dishes back in the sink and ran over. Thinking "OMG, what happened now" my heart was pounding clear out of my chest.
He was really hurt.

Well Larrys new "toy" was a dumbfounded wasp drone that had made its way in the house. It stung him on his good paw :( Poor little guy now he has a limp on both front legs and is thoroughly insulted.

But other than his new injury... his puncture wounds are healing nicely and some fur is starting to grow back where he was shaved. Later this afternoon he has his check up. :fingerscr hope all seems well.

As for kita, i think it was a freak accident, she isnt showing any aggression with the cats at all durning her supervised visits with them.
She still lays with them and grooms them as she did before.
Maybe Larry accidently hurt her and she freaked? None the less, she will be kept away from the cats while I am not home for a while.

Skryker
September 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Poor, poor Larry! :grouphug: He's not having a good time of it lately.

Maybe he did hurt or startle Kita and it was a freak thing. :fingerscr that everything goes well.

I still keep the door closed between Dancer and the pups if we're not here for now. They want to play, but as soon as she runs, they chase her. I don't think they would mean to hurt her, but until they learn to leave her alone...no chance!

Good luck with your zoo.;)

rainbow
September 30th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Awww, poor Larry. :grouphug: They say bad luck happens in threes but I certainly hope that's not the case for Larry. :fingerscr

Sounds like perhaps Larry did hurt Kita. Is she going to the vet today as well to get checked?

Prin
September 30th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Is Larry a reincarnation of Inspector Clouseau or what? That kitty is so accident prone. Poor kitty! :grouphug:

erykah1310
September 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Is she going to the vet today as well to get checked?

No I wanted to but really can not afford it right now, I was basically wiped out last weekend.:shrug:
Im just gonna keep up with her being kept away for a while and try to get her in within the next week or so.

:fingerscr Lets just hope nothing else happens with the truck or Larry.

And PS, his check up today went well. He is healing wonderfully and there is no signs of infection.

papillonmama
September 30th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Poor larry.:( Get better soon!:fingerscr