Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Burrito

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 29th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Joey and I have established a routine in the morning. We eat our breakfast then at 7 am we go for our walk for 30 minutes the same route everyday then I go to work.

Except three days ago someone threw a burrito on the side walk. :yuck: So we pass it the first day - and Joey tries to eat it and I have to pry it out of his mouth. So we go on our way and finish our walk. Joey looks back a few times but seems to forget about it.

The next day the burrito is still there but kicked off to the side a bit - and I am quick enough not to let Joey have any. So we continue on with Joey looking back the whole way.

Today we go for our walk again and the burrito is still there but is just in little pieces and looking pretty grungy - so we get past the burrito again. This time Joey gets ten or so feet past whats left of the burrito - and stops dead in his tracks. Now he is sitting down - with his front paws planted on the ground - and I am like come on Joey lets go Joey. Finally as I have to go to work give in and turn around. Joey thinks he's getting the burrito but hes not - so we walk right past the burrito - get ten feet past the other way - and Joey does the same thing - sits down and refuses to move. So we make back home - but its like 5 steps - stop look back sit down - try to turn around - repeatidly until we get home.

So until the burrito is completely gone - I guess we'll need to take anouther route. :D :frustrated:

Prin
September 29th, 2006, 11:54 PM
lol I don't think I've read burrito so many times at one time.:D

Joey, eh? What can you do.:D

ByronsMum
September 30th, 2006, 06:16 AM
That's hilarious!! Maybe Joey has developed a flair for mexican! LOL! :D

gomez
September 30th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Wow, you could just change the name there from Joey to Gomez!!

We call it "putting on the brakes"...

Last night it was a potato chip, a single, solitary potato chip....

LM1313
September 30th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I clicked on this thread not knowing what to expect . . . That's hilarious. :D Joey's going on strike for burrito rights for dogs! :p

rainbow
September 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM
LOL...Joey's funny. I'm surprised the crows haven't finished off the burrito by now. Guess you're going to have to throw it in the garbage if you don't want to find a different route for your walk. :D

mummummum
September 30th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Now if that was Bridie it would have been snatched and down in one gulp before you even knew it was there! She once hoovered down a bun that was so mouldy the spores actually powder-puffed into the air when she chomped down on it. Yum-yum:yuck:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 30th, 2006, 08:20 PM
:sick: eww Joey would eat moudly food too - yuck A while back he found this disgusting corn husk - probably from a garbage can - I had to pry it out of his mouth. :yuck:

he must have a thing for beans- today I was opening the fridge to get something and he came right up - and took a mouth full out of some I had in the fridge.

and yes today we walked the opposite direction - and burrito does seem to be gone - maybe I can find a recipe for a doggie burritto. :D

jesse's mommy
September 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Found One:

Doggie Burrito

8 ounces fresh ground turkey (Lean source of protein)
Pinch salt
Pinch garlic
2 stalks peeled celery (veggies)
1/4 cup jicima (Vitamin C and fiber)
1 tablespoon epazote (Natural carminative)
1/2 cup cooked black beans
1 tablespoon coriander or cilantro
1/2 cup cheese

Sauté turkey in a pan until cooked. Add all other ingredients except cheese. Mix well.

Garnish with diced tomatoes, a drizzle of yogurt and chopped parsley.

Here's the site:

http://www.chefwhite.com/about_pets.html

Prin
September 30th, 2006, 08:48 PM
So is Joey now Joey with the throaty spanish 'J'? :D

jesse's mommy
September 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Actually I would think Joey is now Jose!

Here's another site I found for doggie recipes. This one looks yummy!

http://www.luciesfarm.com/artman/publish/cat_index_27.php

rainbow
September 30th, 2006, 10:26 PM
"Jose"...that's so much more romantic but somehow it just doesn't fit "Joey". :D

technodoll
September 30th, 2006, 11:00 PM
i like "hoey" :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 30th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I thinks Jgorrgh -oey like Prin said -

I was worried Joey might get sick off the black beans - but maybe I shouldnt let him sleep with me tonight. :D

Actually those Burritos look pretty good -I think I could make them for our whole family - I wonder if the tortillas shells would be okay. :D

Frenchy
September 30th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Lucky Joey ; mexican food...yummy :cloud9:

Angies Man
October 1st, 2006, 11:26 AM
I guess rather than worrying about it, I would use my plastic poopy picking up bag (a plastic grocery sack I carry in my pocket to do the right thing) to pick up the burrito and throw it away. A lot easier than avoiding it day after day. THere probably was a reason the burritos original owner tossed it, after all.

I live about a block from a convenience store--not convenient for me, tho. Trash blows into or is dropped in my yard on a daily basis. I've thought about getting a big trash bag full of their trash and garbage and dumping it at their front door:evil: , but no, can't afford to get arrested.

mummummum
October 1st, 2006, 08:28 PM
I was worried Joey might get sick off the black beans - but maybe I shouldnt let him sleep with me tonight. :D

Actually those Burritos look pretty good -I think I could make them for our whole family - I wonder if the tortillas shells would be okay. :D

:eek: What no Beano???????
Ummmm.. we won't be visiting for awhile 'kay? Let us no when the "no Fly Zone" has been lifted from your air space willya?:D