Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hah! read 'em and weep...

technodoll
September 28th, 2006, 03:50 PM
the photo is specially wonderful... what a cool kid (read his closing comment)

http://www.dailypost.co.nz/pics/ACFVHAPHaaTY.JPG

Dejae Galvin has grown up around pitbull terriers without so much as a scratch.

But it was a corgi that bit him, leaving him with a suspected broken nose.

He was attacked by the "friendly" pet corgi at his friend's house as he attempted to pat it.

The last thing the 8-year-old Ngongotaha Primary School pupil remembers is seeing blood everywhere, being in pain and covering his face to avoid being bitten again.

His mother Lisa Galvin said the dog's owner was beside herself and took the injured boy to his grandmother, a neighbour, who took him to the doctor with bites to his face and a suspected broken nose.

full story at http://www.dailypost.co.nz/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3676381&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection

mastifflover
September 28th, 2006, 03:56 PM
What a great kid and smart. He handled a bad situation really well. I agree I love his comment at the end.

erykah1310
September 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM
that kid is more compasionate and understanding than most adults ( especially political figures)

technodoll
September 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM
it speaks volumes about the parenting he has received throughout his life... surrounded by friendly pitbulls. :o

t.pettet
September 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Kid is lucky that it wasn't a larger breed attack or he'd have more injuries than on his nose.

Prin
September 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I don't know about that- large breeds tend to be more confident and don't snap so aggressively... Maybe I'm wrong about that, but so far in my life, I've seen more damage from little dogs than big dogs.:shrug:

Great pic though.

technodoll
September 28th, 2006, 09:49 PM
funny, if the corgi had been any type of "bull" dog, or one of the demonized breeds... it would have been on the front page with screams to have this evil dog put down, the owner fined, mentions of a breed ban... :frustrated:

Prin
September 28th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well, Corgis are banned in Italy...

technodoll
September 28th, 2006, 09:51 PM
are they! that,s almost funny :cool:

jiorji
September 29th, 2006, 02:07 AM
heheh "*lick* yep you taste good":D

i like the pic it's like the dog's some animal parent trying to make the kid feel better :love:

technodoll
September 29th, 2006, 09:49 AM
i just liked the irony of the story... kid is surrounded by pitbulls yet gets bitten in the face by a corgi, but wants no retaliation done to this dog. I doubt you'd ever see a story like this printed in north-america :eek: