Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Etobicoke

Otto-San
September 28th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just stumbled on this site while researching 'Bully Sticks' (interesting conversation there...LOL). I'm a first-time dog owner w. a 19mo old Toy Poodle named, wait for it, Otto-San.
Looking fwd to sharing/exchanging info w. all:highfive:

Prin
September 28th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the board!

Any picks of your little guy?

rainbow
September 28th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the forum....we have lots of interesting conversations here. :D

Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the name Otto-San?....we'd love to see pics.

Otto-San
October 2nd, 2006, 09:02 AM
These are the best cyber-space pics of him I have (I'm more of a camera+ film person LOL)when he was about 7 mos. Here he is on dogster:
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=350748&j=t

Ah.. The name. I'll try to make it short.
Mom's 21 yr old Manx cat (named Dydo) had recently died and Mom was sick too so I moved her in w. us. Then I bought the dog for Mom ('n me cuz I always wanted a dog, much to by husband's annoyance LOL). Asked Mom what we should call him and I thought she said Otto. So I thought that was a stupid name, but, hey it's my Mom, so I through the San in there cuz it's a Japanese honorific (sort of like Mr Otto). Turns out Mom said Arthur. I'm thinkin Otto is better than Arthur anyway...

Wanna know where I got Dydo from? Anybody ever watch Hercules as a kid? I know I've just dated myself here....Remember the black cat that Daedelus owned? (idiot me, I named my male manx cat after the Queen of Carthage).:crazy:

rainbow
October 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Otto-San is very cute. That's quite the story about his name. Sorry to hear about Dydo. :rip: :candle: Hope your mom is feeling better. :grouphug: