Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone else has that has developed a bump

Pete&Oaky
September 27th, 2006, 09:12 PM
My 6mth old kitten has developed a bump under his skin that doesn't seem to bother him but has appeared in the last two days and does not seem to be shrinking. It's on the end/bottom of his ribs on the right side. Anyone else seen this before?:confused:

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM
It's hard to say what it might be over the net. It could be an absess or a tumor or many other things. I think the best bet is to let the vet decide.

OntarioGreys
September 28th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Vet visit for sure, the vet may need to do a biopsy or needle aspiration to learn if it is harmless

Copper'sMom
September 28th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Has the kitten had any vaccinations yet? Sometimes a lump will appear a few days after vaccinations were given and are usually harmless. Best to see a vet though to be sure.

Pete&Oaky
September 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I love these two cats to death, but my first interaction with a humane society has not been well. There has been a bit of sickness going on here. They have both recieved their first two rounds of shots, they were fixed recently and recieved their rabies shot as well. Pete, who has the bump, developed a reaction to the rabies shot/surgery as soon as he got home and his face swelled. He was given two shots to combat the reaction. The bump developed three days later.
We'll be heading to the vet yet again tomorrow, as I tend to be working when they are open.
Thank you again for your help!