Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy help Please!

dog woman
September 27th, 2006, 03:20 PM
HI! I am a new owner of a puppy she is a jack russell about 12 weeks old now and the last 2 days I have noticed a mucus yellow green fluid from her vulva( gross I know) but has any pet onwers ever heard of this before please help. I phoned my vet but she can't get in to see the vet for days? any advice I would love it!

thanks!

Angies Man
September 27th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Take her to another vet that can see her right away! Don't know what might be wrong, but pus from any bodily oriface is a bad thing.

debfife
September 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I would call the vet back, see if you can at least talk to someone on the phone and they can determine if the puppy can wait a few days or come in now.

multifaxd
September 27th, 2006, 10:52 PM
had a friend whose dog had similar problem (can't remember dog's age)..but turned out to be some sort of uterine infection. said she caught it in time and was only given antibiotics. her dog had stopped eating and drinking( well, almost) and was constantly licking herself..she says the vet told her if not caught in time, the antibiotics would not have helped and surgery would have been required..try to get a vet appointment ASAP

dog woman
October 1st, 2006, 01:15 PM
I got lucky to the vet I was glad I got here in well the verdict is that she has puppy vaginistis. I have never heard of that I was wondering has anyone;s dog had that??

maggiemay
October 1st, 2006, 01:41 PM
Yes my maggie had vaginitis. she would lick herself constantly and it would seem urgent. She would be eating and immediately need to tend to herself there. It was really irritating for her. So i had to take her to the vet eventuyally and sure enough vaginitis...i was like what. ew mag. so anyways all they did was give her 10 days worth of antibiotics and then she was ok. the antibiotics were only like seven dollars so i definately reccommend getting her in there. Good luck!