Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my cat

Mlyn
February 14th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Hi my cat is having her kittens. I thought maybe she might have a large litter because she seemed so huge .well I just got home a bit ago when I discovered she was having them she had three already but one was dead. now she has had two more and I dont know if she is finished. so far she has had five alltogether and I thought for sure she would have quite a few.

LavenderRott
February 15th, 2004, 12:07 AM
If you have doubts as to whether or not she has delivered all of her kittens, I would take her to the vet.

Lucky Rescue
February 15th, 2004, 10:28 AM
And get her spayed.

Mlyn
February 15th, 2004, 11:57 AM
well everything is ok, she ended up with the four kittens. and they are sooo. cute I will get her spayed she was a stray and I took her in. I have another cat and she is spayed. also can someone give me some advice iam going to move out of state and I will be driving. and I want to take my cats with me is it safe for the mama and her babies to be traveling so soon?

Lucky Rescue
February 15th, 2004, 12:09 PM
How soon are you moving? Can you get a big dog crate for her and kittens to ride in?

Make it nice and comfy and cover it with a sheet so she feels safe and they should be o.k.

Mlyn
February 15th, 2004, 12:23 PM
we were planning on leaving tonight. we are going up to montana. its only about a ten hour drive. I do have a pet carrier its an ok size. I also have a seperate one for my other cat. and I think we might stop on the way and get a motel. iam just worried on how long can they go with out useing the litter box. thankyou for your replys

Lucky Rescue
February 15th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Adult cats can go quite a long time without using the litterbox, but a new mother needs lots of food and water to feed her kittens and to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated.

Stopping at the motel on the way is a good idea. Just try and keep her from getting too stressed as this is very hard on her.

Let us know how it goes.

Mlyn
February 15th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I have plenty of food . and I will bring a jug of water with. I will let you know how it goes it will probably take a few days before I get the internett. thankyou for the imput.